lucas bieber: I'm free for lunch later, can we go out?

I stared at the text and for a moment. I thought of the oddest idea.

"B," I look at her and she raises her eyebrow, "Lucas asked me out for lunch and ..." I said and she tilted her head, "I was thinking of inviting Mark."

"Did I just hear you right? You want to invite Mark?" She widened her eyes.

I nodded my head, "I just ... Since we're going to Jeju Island and despite everything that happened. I want to leave things decent with him, well try to," I said and she nodded as she listened, "but I've totally learned my lesson, I seriously can't be alone with him. No matter how much I try, it never works out," I sighed.

Despite my plans to stay away from Mark as much as possible, that's not what happened. I spent plenty of time with him and most of the time I ended up crying.

"Go for it then. Winwin actually texted me earlier to go out for lunch too," she said and I smiled.

"Okay," I nodded and then went back to the chatroom with Lucas.

9:33 am

Me: can you invite Mark too? I'd like to hangout with the both of you

lucas bieber: really?

Me: yes

lucas bieber: okay, i'll check if he's free

"Just texted him," I said placing down my phone and a waiter approached us with our orders.

1:28 pm

"So they're picking you up?" Betty asked as she was heading out for her date with Winwin.

"Yup," I said as I applied lip tint on my lips.

"Okay, see you later," I look at her and waved.

She opened the door and walked out.

Ding.

1:29 pm

*lucas bieber sent you a message*

lucas bieber: Mark and I got into traffic, i'll text/call you again later. sorry 🥺

Me: no worries, take care

I put my phone down and check my face in the mirror. Should I add more? No, Jenny, you're just thinking that because you have more time. Do not grab the eyeliner.

I quickly grab my phone and opened up messages to distract myself. I open my chat with Mark. I end up re-reading our conversation.

Sent at 9:59 am

Mark Lee: did you really ask Lucas to invite me for lunch?

Me: yup, if you're busy it's totally fine

Mark Lee: i'm not, i'm just surprised. i expected you'd ignore me after everything.