The Sun Shines Between the Cracks of the Forest (Wamai) (unfinished draft)

Hey there, (Y/N), I wanted to do an alternate universe where it's basically a fairytale, and it's inspired by the lovely @JarOfLuminosity (*'︶'*)╯♡ much love~

"I will die for you, you and this kingdom."

He swore to die for you, and with strike to the quartz floor, he made his vow. You stood up from the throne, tears uncontrollably streaming down your face. He looked at your expression, bowing again, it was his honor, his duty, and his whole life dedicated to his love.

You, collapsed onto your knees in front of him, hearing the other guards shuffle in their armor. Your breath quivered, caressing his face and feeling the scars from past wars. He gently slid the weapons away, using his calloused hand to wipe the tears.

"I won't allow it!" You broke down, giving into the force pushing you into his embrace, but suddenly bursted into a uncontrollable cry of pain, "I-I will go fight with you!"

"Princess," another knight intervened, "your mother would have not allow it." Your eyes burned, the memory flashing through your mind, seeing your mother's face disappear in front of you.

"Have you seen the hall, where we have commemorated brave people in our family line that have died?" You pointed down the palace's hall, feeling everything slip away, "no one can stop me, and no one will, I will fight for my mother."

Ngugi tugged on your cape, his eyes pleading for you to stay. You shut your eyes lids, painfully holding a hand to your heart as you pulled the cloak out of his hands, storming off to retrieve your sword.

"(Y/N), please," he tried to grab your attention, placing his hand firmly on your shoulder. You turned around, cupping his face in desperation.

"I'm going," you smiled, "trust me." Your lids shut, turning away to avoid the mistake of staring too much at his worried face.