WaSTEd (Smoke)

Not bad for blindly going into this...

DRINKS ARE ON ME TONIGHT!" Adriano (Maestro) cheered, the rest of your team cheering as they ordered their drinks.

    You weren't very fond of drinks, and sacrificed to stay sober for tonight's celebration. Due to your teammates to be heavy drinkers sometimes.

   The young bartender wiped a mug clean, and headed to you to order.

"I'll take Hennessy with Coke, please," Elena (Mira) asked. The bartender moved on to Adriano.

"Make me anything! Just not anything boring," he chuckled.

"Uhhh I'll take an Altbier." Marius (Jäger) ordered, thanking her quietly.

"I'll have a strawberry daiquiri, thank you," James (Smoke) said in his usual gruff voice.

   You smiled at the young girl, politely asking for an iced water. Waiting for your drink, you started a conversation with your British friend.

"Surprising you want to drink today, James."

"Ehh a man's gotta get drinks sometimes, you know?"

"I get it, I get it." You giggled at his odd facial expressions. He laughed with you.

~a little later after drinking tons~

You sighed heavily, listening to the nonsense talk of the drunk four next to you. They screamed and slurred the stupidest things, and laughing like never before.

"PUTA! PUTA! PUTA!" Elena screamed. Loud laughter following. Sipping the remainders of your water, you glanced the the clock. 1:34, in the morning.

"Guys, let's go it's getting late," you pleaded. None of them listening to your quiet voice.

"Guys." Oh my gawd-

"GUYS" You raised your voice, gaining the attention of them. There innocent looking eyes blankly staring at you. Like stupid looking children.

"Ok ok, let's go." Adriano slurred. You watched them stumble around, but James was having it the worst. You kept on eye on him, and once you looked away, bam. There goes his head.

James slipped on the newly mopped tiles, hitting his head on the table, and falling to the ground.

"Holy shit," you whispered to yourself before running to his aid. His eyes moved rapidly around, a smile creeping up to his face. You gently rubbed the area affected.

"Ouch."

"Shut up," you bluntly said, wrapping your arms under his back and lifting him up to leave the empty bar.

The cold air wakened you, taking your phone to get an Uber.

"Adriano, Elena, and Marius I called an Uber so stay here. I'm gonna walk James home." They waved and wished you a good night sleep, you waved back and continued to aid James.

"Is your head feeling alright, James?"

"Not when I'm here wiiith youuu~"

"W-what." You stopped for a brief moment, flustered at his drunk state.

"Dooo you smell likee fishh?"

"James what the fuck."

"WATch YOur profanItyy."

"Well, sometimes I lIke the SmEeLl of fish"-

"James, calm down."

"No, because I loooove you so much~
I love you I love you I love you~" he sang.

"Shut up, your drunk." He was drunk, that was it. Just a wasted, out-of-it man.

"But it's true! Not just because I'm drunk,
(Y/N)! I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally like you. You're so pretty and beautiful and nice and all a man needs."

You didn't answer. You didn't know how to answer that. There was possibility he knew what he was saying, but after all those drinks it could be debatable.

"So, (Y/N), do you like me?"

"Let's take you home, J-James." Still not believing his words. He could be joking and playing with you. You didn't want to embarrass yourself.

Arriving at his home, he abruptly stopped. You tried to pull him on, but he stood there like a big mountain.

"James, c'mon your home."

"Can I have an answer?" You ignored his question.

"We're here, James."

"Please." His voice broke.

"James, please, just go."

"If you don't like me, then say that, but why are you ignoring me?" You froze, and gulped, looking at his puppy-like eyes.

"Fine," there was a long pause, "I like you, too." You looked down, hiding your face. A heat arising to your cheeks, your head pounding, now you were wasted.

"Why didn't you say that sooner?" He held your wrists gently pulling them away from your face. You were shocked at his response, slightly smiling.

"Because I thought you were completely out of it. Wasted you know? I was scared."

"I get it, I get it." He chuckled at your nervous gestures. You laughed with him.

• • •