Part 6

5 months later

'We're going out today sweetheart'

Looking up from my cereal in shock, my eyes meet Leo's.

'What? Where?'

I haven't left this house since I was allowed to wonder the grounds and had a smoke.

'You've been a good girl lately. I wish to reward your behaviour by taking you to some of my meetings today. You can learn a bit about our empire'

'Thank you so much' I jump from my chair and into his lap, peppering his face with kisses. His hands massage my ass which is barely covered by the nightie he has me wear.

'Lisa has picked out some clothes for you to wear'

'Who's Lisa?'

'Mariah's replacement' his face grows dark and I know better than to ask what happened to Mariah. I say a silent prayer for her before standing to make my way to the bedroom.

On the bed lies a black pant suit with black heels, as I pull it on I catch my reflection in the mirror. The suit looks like it is supposed to be fitted but I've lost so much weight that it is baggy on my frame.

Food used to be my absolute happiness but since I've come here I have little appetite. And one of the main forms of punishment is starvation. My reflection saddens me so I look away and meet Leo back in the dining room, he looks me over and manages a smile.

'We will have to get your measurements adjusted. This will do for now' he holds out his hand which I take eagerly.

The driver opens the door to a black SUV, possibly the same one that I was initially abducted in. As we sit in the back and buckle in, Leo turns to me with a serious look on his face.

'This is a chance for you to demonstrate that you can be trusted. If you behave you will be rewarded with more outings in the future. If you disobey me, well I don't have to remind you what happened last time, do I?'

As hard as I tried to block the memories of Jane's body from my mind, they still haunted my sleep. Swallowing hard, I nodded at Leo.

Seemingly happy with my response, he allowed me to look out the window as he pulled out his phone and began to type.

The drive was long and surrounded by lots of greenery, we passed through a town I had never been to before and still kept driving. His place was further from home than I'd realised.

I'd developed a habit of fidgeting when I was nervous, something Leo had picked up on recently. And once again, I couldn't stop myself from picking at the skin on my fingers and tapping my foot obsessively.

'Relax love. You're going to enjoy this. We have a few meetings and then we'll go out to dinner' Leo placed a quick kiss on the side of my head and then returned to his phone.

++++

The drive took about 4 hours and we only drove through 1 town in that time. Escape really would be futile.

'Arrived' the driver called out, breaking Leo's concentration. He stepped out the car and walked around to my side, opening the door for me and helping me step out.

'Remember my warning'

He kept a firm grip on my hand as we walked into a tall, glass building. The receptionist greeted Leo but otherwise ignored us as we rode the elevator up to the 9th floor.

'Ah Mr Stevens, glad you could join us' a balding, fat, Italian man in a suit held out his hand in greeting.

'Good to see you Lucas, this is my fiancé Amelia'