Chapter 20

They both sat on a bench beside each other.

Where they sat was beside an exit and not many people were there so they had some space for their own.

They sat in silence before Yuna spoke up, "I'm mad at something.. or someone.. I shouldn't even be mad at."

Ryujin looked up at Yuna, "Me?"

Yuna sighed, returning Ryujin's gaze. "It's Somi. Ever since you guys started hanging out, you barely talk to me. And, yeah.. we just saw each other again.. and you have other friends, but I see the way you guys look at each other." she looked away from the smaller girl.

"Are you.. jealous?" Ryujin whispered.

Yuna sighed, lowering her head with a nod.

Ryujin took a hold of Yuna's hand, squeezing it tightly.

"I don't like her that way.. I won't be dating anybody anytime soon.. You'll always be my best friend, relationship or not." Ryujin smiled sweetly.

That word best freind hurt both of them, but they were oblivious to that fact.

Yuna cleared her throat, trying to get rid of the hurt that pulled at her. "R-Right. Uh.. Yeah, I was just.. yeah." she nodded, standing up.

Ryujin followed suit, "Let's return to the others." Yuna nodded and they walked off.

"Solved?" Chaeryeong mouthed to Yuna as she saw them walk back.

Yuna shook her head with a heavy frown.

Chaeryeong frowned as well, that didn't mean such a good thing.

Instead of Chaeryeong sitting in between them, Yuna and Ryujin sat beside each other whilst Chaeryeong sat on the other side of Yuna beside Lia.

"What do you mean no?" Chaeryeong whispered to Yuna. The taller girl's frown deepened, "She thinks I was afraid to lose her as a best friend.. I was so upset with the outcome I didn't even tell her the rest.. I'm hopeless, Chaeryeongie." she whispered back, choking back a sob, but she held back the tears.

Chaeryeong shook her head, Lia jumped in. "Get your girl, Yuna. You're not hopeless, this is progress. You managed to tell her what was up, now you just have to tell her how you feel about her.