Chapter 14

RYUJIN'S POV OF LAST CHAPTER

It was around lunch time, I invited Somi over, along with Heejin and Hyunjin. Yeji even became friends with Somi as well.

Somi and I were getting closer even though we only just met and known each other for a day. She's really nice and I'm growing a liking to her.

She said she's known me while we were in middle school but I didn't know her. Well, now's our chance to actually be friends.

We all sat down at the table with our food. Lia and Chaeryeong were already there, but didn't bother saying hi. "Hey, girls!" I smiled at them. "Hey." they said in unison.

I turned back to Somi and we immediately started talking again.

Somi was such a funny person, how could I not have recognized her before?

"So, Ryujin? Do you have a girlfriend?" Somi asked, a sly smile on her face, but I didn't think much of it.

"Nope. Lonely as ever." I chuckled, not even realizing I didn't mention Yuna.

Do I even really like Yuna anymore?

There are more fish in the sea. She could find a good man and I could find a good woman. Easy, right?

Whatever, not going to think about it right now.

Somi nodded slowly, "Oh okay. I don't have a girlfriend either.. lonely buddies!" she joked, and I laughed. "Lonely buddies!" I repeated.

We all talked some more and I noticed Yuna walked in, she had sat down at the table and started whispering something to Chaeryeong.

I was about to say hi but Yeji had pulled me.

"Bro! Did you hear what Somi just said?!" she asked. "Oh! No! What is it?" I said, looking at Somi.

She had a shy look on her face. "I was wondering if you'd like to come over my house this weekend, the girls already said yes." she smiled. I smiled back, "Yeah! I'll be there. Just gotta give me your address." I nodded.

"Give me your number, I'll text it to you." she gave her phone to me, I nodded and dialed my number in and she nodded, taking it back.

I turn back to talk to Yuna but she was leaving for the bathroom, I was about to ask if she was okay, but Somi held onto me. "Yah! It's going to be so fun!" she cheered. I struggled, "Somi, I gotta see what's wrong with Yuna.." I huffed.

"She's fine! She just has to use the bathroom. Come on, let's talk about the activities we can do at my house!" Somi turned back to Yeji and Hyunjin.

I sighed and gave up.

We decided on just playing games and watching movies, just a simple hang out, but when it's with friends, it's not just 'simple' right?

"Oh! The bell will ring soon. Hey Ryujin? Could you walk with me to class? I gotta get there early so I can talk to my teacher, then I'll walk you back to class." Somi asked me. "Yeah, sure. Come on." I said, getting up. "I'm gonna walk Somi to class, see you guys later." I waved, walking to the doors.

A shout had us turn around, to see Yuna with a sad and disappointed expression, "Yeah?" I asked. I heard Somi groan but she probably just wants to get to her class early enough.

"You aren't walking to class with me?" Yuna's frowned deepened. I scratched my neck, "Uh, Somi offered to walk with me to class.. if that's okay." I pointed to Somi. Without letting Yuna answer, we walked away.

Somi looked at me with a smile and locked our arms together. I smiled back and just kept walking with her beside me.

We walked to her classroom and she walked in, chatting with her teacher and I waited outside.

Not many students were in the halls yet, just a few. The bell hasn't rang yet so they had time. Somi had walked out and smiled at me with a big smile, "Ready to go?" She asked, "Yep." I nodded.

We walk to my classroom and I hug Somi before waving goodbye and walking inside. The classroom was filled with students now, waiting for the teacher to walk in.

I got a message from my phone, opening it and reading it, smiling when I see who it's from.

————————————
New Message! From, Unknown
-hey, it's somi 😘<3 thx for u number