Jungkook knew that, if you were with Taehyung, you were surely safe. He couldn't imagine that the mad hatter would allow any harm to befall you.  Which greatly put him at ease.

Still, the prince couldn't sleep.

While his worry for you was quite daunting, it was not the sole reason for his discomfort.

He let out a huff as his eyes trailed down to the left side of his chest, his body tensing as he stared at the ugly black marking that rested over his heart.

It had grown substantially sense the last time he'd seen it, which could only mean that the curse was progressing even faster now that you've arrived in this land.

He'd known that this would happen...he'd had the mark on his ever since he was born...it never grew, though...not until she came along.

When Lydia showed up, the young prince did everything in his power to avoid her--hiding from her at bath time, sleeping underneath his bed when he napped--even locking her out of his room on more than one occasion.

He had never felt so much fear.

Even though he was young, he knew there was something odd about the way she looked at him--some kind of evil in her eyes that never seemed to falter even when faced with the innocence of a child.

When his family left him alone with her, despite his protests and begging, the mark grew a little more...the anger and hatred he had felt towards his parents was enough to nearly drive him insane.

He didn't even get a chance to defend himself...

When she finally got him alone....

The prince doesn't remember what happened--or at least that's what he told his brother.

The truth is, he couldn't forget that day...He had tried numerous times...The memories would never wash out of his mind.

He couldn't tell exactly how long he was in the large attic, but he knew it was for more than a few hours. When Lydia came to see him, she always brushed his hair and changed his clothes...He could clearly remember watching the sun rise and fall..it was all he could do so as not to lose his mind.

If he had to guess...he'd say that he was up there for almost three days. He remembered Lydia telling the other servants that he'd come down with some sort of illness and that no one was to come and see him.

He hated her///but he hated himself for not having the strength to fight back.

When Lydia had finished with him, she left rather quickly...For a moment, it seemed like she was tempted to even take him with her...the footsteps running up the stairs was enough to put those thoughts to rest.

When Jimin finally found him, Jungkook could only remember the burning hatred that coursed through his veins.

He wanted that woman dead--he wanted to rip her apart with his bare hands and watched as she pleaded like he did.

He wanted her to suffer.

"Jungkook?"

The prince blinked, snapping out of his thoughts at the sound of his brother's voice.

Jimin stared at the male with concerned eyes, watching as he slowly turned to face him.

The blue-eyed prince frowned deeply as the familiar black mark came into his vision, his own hand running through his hair.

"It's still growing." He sighed out heavily.

Jungkook nodded, grabbed his white shirt and throwing it over his shoulders.

"What did you expect?" He asked. "It hasn't stopped since Y/n came to this land..I guess I couldn't keep living on borrowed time."

Jimin's eyes narrowed slightly, watching as Jungkook put his arms through the sleeves.

The numerous scars that covered his chest, arms and back were still visible even underneath the dim candle light of the bedroom.

"Don't talk like that." He scolded. "There is always hope. If you would just tell Y/n, maybe she'd-"

"No."

Jungkook deadpanned, buttoning up his shirt.

"This is not something you can afford to be stubborn about, Jungkook." Jimin scolded. "This is a life or death situation. You don't have much time left!"

"You don't think I know that?" The younger twin asked. "I can assure you that I am more than aware of the seriousness of my situation. You don't have to remind me what's on the line."

Jimin sighed heavily.

"Then why won't you tell her?" He asked. "You should know by now that, if anyone can fix you, it's her."

"But at what cost?" The chestnut-haired male popped. "You know as well as I that she can only save one of us. It's you or me...You wouldn't put your life above mine...so I'm doing it."

Jimin furrowed his brows.

"What gives you the right to make that choice?!" He yelled. "What makes you think I want to live in a world without my brother?!"

Jungkook frowned, his head tilting back.

"We knew that this day would come eventually," He hummed. "Even when we were children...we knew...one of us wasn't meant to be here...I'm the youngest..it should have only been you, Jimin."

"How can you say that?" Jimin snapped. "Whether or not we were meant to be here is irrelevant. We're here now, so all we can do is stick together."

Jungkook shook his head.

"You once told em that you envied me." He began. "You told me that you'd give anything to be loved and adored like I was...You didn't want your curse hanging over you. I suppose I'm too selfish for my own good...Because I'd give anything to be you, Jimin."

The golden-haired prince froze.

"Your curse..." Jungkook continued. "It only effects the outside...mine...It kills off every part of me..starting with my emotions...You can change your forms all you'd like..but who you are..that will never change...with me, who I am--my emotions, the people I love, the desires of my heart...they'll be the very first thing to leave me...I'll lose every part of myself."

"Jungkook-"

"You're so concerned about becoming a monster," He paused. "But, in all reality, you're far more human than I could ever hope to be...A part of me feels like I'm clinging on to my humanity...Like I'm standing on an ocean of glass and, if I make one wrong move, everything around me will shatter and I'll lose myself in a sea of blood."

Jungkook inhaled deeply, staring at his brother with sad eyes.

"I won't tell her about this.." He said. "Not because I'm scared that she'll hate me--no she's far too wonderfully insane for that--But because I won't allow myself to be the reason she hesitates...I don't want my curse to play a part in who she chooses...If she is going to be with me...I'd rather it be because of love..not pity."

Jimin shook his head.

"That isn't the point." He said. "This is your life."

"I don't want to burden her further, Jimin." Jungkook explained. "It's clear that she already has so much on her shoulders...I refuse to allow myself to add on to the pressure she's feeling. Besides..."

He smiled sadly, placing his hand over his heart.

"I think she's already chosen who she wants to be with."