Chapter 2

Valaries POV
When we walk out of the school Raphiel takes me to a car before getting in. He smiles and I get in too before Raphiel says "dad this is Valarie, she is in an abusive foster home," he nods and says "I just need to pick up Erin and Aston then we can go to the office." he nods and I just sit there before I whisper to Raphiel "how many kids are in the foster home," he smiles and says "there are 10 foster kids and his actual daughter," I nod and he goes on to say "I'm the oldest, then it is Hayden, then Logan and AJay, then Alaska and Rikki, then Daviana and Topaz before Aston and Erin." I nod and whisper "how understanding is everyone with the LGBT community," he smiles and says "you have nothing to worry about, Logan is gay, AJay is bi and Hayden is non-binary, are you part?" I nod and say "valarie is my deadname, my actual name is Lynk, I'm trans," he nods and says "dad I made a mistake, this is Lynk and he is in an abusive foster home." Raphiels foster dad nods and says "nice to meet you Lynk," I smile before he stops the car. After a few minutes two young kids get in and he starts driving again.

When he pulls up outside the DCFS office I get out with him while Raphiel stays with the kids. When we walk in he walks to the desk before saying "I'm here to request a foster home swap, this kid is in an abusive one." The woman nods and says "do you have room sir," he nods and signs a form before turning to me and saying "do you want to start over with everything," I nod and he smiles before the woman says "you now have custody of Valarie," he smiles and says "the name needs to be changed to Lynk, he is trans," she nods and says "I will change that now, you can leave," he nods and we walk out before he says "I'm gonna send you and Raphiel shopping after we get home." I nod and we get back into the car.