Chapter 1

Valaries POV
I wake up to hear them shouting downstairs I sigh and get dressed before walking down. When I get to the kitchen my foster dad looks at me before yelling "what are you waiting for get the fuck out," I sigh and say "dad I need breakfast," he walks towards me before screaming "you don't fucking deserve food you little shit," I then feel his hand collide with my cheek. I sigh and say "ok dad I'm going to school," then as I go to walk out he grabs hold of my before shouting "you're not going anywhere you bitch," he then punches me in the side of the head which knocks me to the ground. I lie there and wait for another punch or a kick but it never comes. I quietly begin getting up to see him passed out sat at the table. I then stand up and grab my bag before walking to school.

When I arrive there is nobody near the gate so I know the bell has already gone. I walk in and start walking to class. When I'm nearly there I feel someone grab my arm and pull me into a room. I turn around to see Raphiel stood there. I sigh and say "I'm not a cheerleader so what do you want." He smiles slightly before saying "I know your not a cheerleader but they aren't my type, I pulled you in because your face is covered in blood." I then look in the mirror and he's not lying, my face is covered in blood and you can see bruises beginning to form. I sigh and say "you could have just let me get to class, I'm already late," he smiles and says "there is something you're not saying, maybe like who did this," I smirk and say "why so you can beat them up," he nods and says "well yeah," I shake my head and say "there is nothing you can do," he then smirks and says "try me," I sigh and slide down the wall before saying "it was my foster father, he has been doing it since I was put in his house." He nods and sits next to me before grabbing his phone and he texts someone. I sigh and he says "don't worry I just asked my foster father to pick us up," I look at him before saying "I didn't know you were in foster care," he smiles and says "I have been bounced around since I was five, my parents were arrested for child abuse," I nod then he says "follow me," before standing up and he helps me up before we begin walking out.