3: tape 2, side a

After the confusion that had happened when Lily talked to Jessica in the hallway, Bryce was more focused than ever to make sure that she was safe around school

After the confusion that had happened when Lily talked to Jessica in the hallway, Bryce was more focused than ever to make sure that she was safe around school. She hated the fact that people thought that she did everything her brother said, but she knew that in a way it was true. She always avoided conflict and that usually meant, that she did whatever Bryce told her to do. She didn't want to live that way anymore, and was hoping that slowly she could become her own person, by doing things that she wanted to do.

More than anything, she wanted her own friends so that she could enjoy her high school experience. But there was one friend that they shared and she knew that he must be going through a hard time, because he was once again in their pool house. Bryce decided that the funniest thing to do was to wake up Justin by flicking water on his face because they were both ready to go to school but he wasn't even awake.

Lily had to cover her mouth with her hand to stop herself from laughing out loud as Bryce started flicking water at a sleeping Justin. Justin started to twitch as he felt the water hitting his face and then he quickly sat up, not knowing what to expect as he opened his eyes. "What the fuck?"

"Dude, it's time to wake up." Bryce laughed. "We're rolling in ten, if you feel like school?"

"Oh shit." Justin realised that he had to go back to school at some point, grabbing a shirt off the couch and putting it on. "What's with the fucking water?"

"Just having some fun."

"I'm just having some fun." He repeated, mocking Bryce as they both laughed.

"Justy, you know you're welcome here all the damn time, buddy, but I thought you were going home last night?"

His smile was replaced with a frown as he thought about his home. "Yeah, that guy Seth is back."

"Meth Seth?" Lily asked, remembering the name.

"Yeah."

Bryce nodded, concerned about his friend. "And that's all, right? Just Meth Seth?"

"Yeah, just that asshole. I can't deal with him, you know that."

"Because your girlfriend's texting me now." He shrugged, showing Justin his phone. "Brother, you know that Seth or whatever, I got your back."

Lily smiled kindly. "Always."

Justin had always been there for her, ever since he became friends with Bryce and she knew that no matter what happened she would be there for him. They looked like a dysfunctional family but that was the way that she liked it, sure her parents were never around but it meant that she could spend more time with her brothers, both of them. And having an empty house did have it's perks, like being able to hold parties for the entire school and having enough space to get away from everything that was troubling you, especially when it came to boy troubles because Bryce was no help with that.