7: tape 4, side a

Liberty High was known for being a school that focused on sports, and wanted the best for its athletes which was why it was such a big deal when there was an upcoming match

Liberty High was known for being a school that focused on sports, and wanted the best for its athletes which was why it was such a big deal when there was an upcoming match. This time of year, was the season for basketball because the weather wasn't good enough for any outside sports, so the school were excited about hosting the next basketball game where, they would hopefully win and be a step closer to playing in the finals. The team were good, there were a few really good players that could do well with the sport but they weren't the most professional team and it was unlikely that they would get to the finals.

Nevertheless, the entire school still celebrated them and wished them luck in the game. They even came to cheer on the team, even if they didn't know any of the players off court. The gym was full of supporters on the benches as the teams got ready in the locker rooms. The school mascot was pumping up the crowd, performing stunts and messing with the cheerleaders to get everyone ready for the match. Marcus and Courtney were representing the school council as they sold merchandise by the main entrance, raising money for the school, as everyone bought Liberty High colours to support the team.

Bryce wasn't playing this game and was sat on the bench next to Monty, ready to cheer on their friends that were playing. So far, Lily had not made any moves that would indicate a relationship with Zach because she wanted to keep it as quiet as possible until he realised that he was wrong and asked her on a proper first date. But she was going to make her move tonight, she waited until the gym was packed full of people and then decided that it would be a good time to sneak downstairs and see him before the team came onto the court.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." She told Bryce as she stood up from her seat.

"I'll walk you." He said, standing up but she pushed him back into his seat.

"Don't be stupid, I'm going to the bathroom, I think I can make it there by myself. Just sit with Monty, I'll be like five minutes."

Bryce was hesitant about letting her go anywhere by himself but let her leave as he soon became preoccupied by Monty. They had brought their own flasks with them, under their jackets so that they could enjoy the game in a different way and it seemed that Monty had already finished his. Lily hadn't touched her flask because she wasn't interested in drinking, but she was glad for the distraction because Bryce would be too busy babysitting his friend to notice if she didn't come back in five minutes, like she promised.

She pretended to know what she was doing as she headed towards the locker room, but truthfully, she had no idea what she was doing or what she was going to do when she saw Zach. Lily had been psyching herself up for this moment, wanting a spur of confidence to let her know that she was doing the right thing but she knew that she was going to be a bucket of nerves when he actually stood in front of her. Just as she reached for the door handle, it was opened and revealed the Liberty High basketball team, pumped up and on their way to the gym.

Most of the boys went straight past her, as they were all hyped about the game and just wanted to get on the court and prove to everyone that they were good enough to win. But the two boys that knew her better than anyone else, recognised her and stopped in their tracks when they noticed her in the hallway.