45: house party

The Find Your Drink party was another tradition that had been discovered by Liberty High students and would take place whenever someone who had a big house was able to host it

The Find Your Drink party was another tradition that had been discovered by Liberty High students and would take place whenever someone who had a big house was able to host it. This year, things had been slightly different because, they had originally decided to hold the party at Beecher's house but somehow his parents found out about the party and stopped it from taking place. Clay was the person that organised for the party to be held at a new location and because of him, the students of Liberty High could enjoy a night of drunk stupidity; one that their parents would have no idea about.

For most of the students the chance to go to a party was something that they looked forward to but for a small group, they hated the idea of something like that. Alex was still getting over his tough breakup with Winston after finding out that his boyfriend had been in kind of a relationship with Monty and could alibi him for the night of the Homecoming game. The last thing that he wanted to think about was a stupid party, but his friends wanted him to come, one friend in particular.

"Hey!" Zach yelled, waiting outside of the classroom before running to catch up to Alex. "So, we need more Zach and Alex time. How about I stay over tomorrow night?"

"I'm not going to kiss you again if that's what you're hoping."

"I like that we can joke about this. It's a good sign. Progress." He grinned, before placing his hand on Alex's shoulder. "But seriously, tomorrow night?"

Alex shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, I guess."

"Perfect, because the real story is that we're going to the 'Find Your Drink' party, to find many, many drinks. My Mom set up cameras in my room, so I need a cover story and a place to sleep it off."

"Okay, you can have the cover story and the guest room, but I'm going to pass on the party because I'm anti-people currently."

"And I get that, but maybe that's why you should go."

"Wait, your Mom put up cameras in your room?" He asked, finally processing what was actually happening and found the entire situation alarming.

Mrs Dempsey must be really worried about her son if she had put cameras in his room to watch him, she was strict but she had never been that strict. She hadn't even doubted him when Lily was living with them, they shared a bed and everything but she had chosen to stop trusting him now. That meant that she was really worried about him, they all were, Zach wasn't in a good place but he needed someone to support him during his tough times. Alex just wished that he listened to his advice and talked to Lily properly; she was his anchor and even if they had faced a lot of challenges during their relationship, they were meant to be together and she was the only one that could bring him back.

"That's only part of it, but don't even get me started. Anyways, I'm picking you up at eight and if you make any attempt to not go to this party, I will actually come and pick you up at eight. It's hot, right? I'll actually come and like physically pick you up." Zach jokingly punched his arm, trying to make him laugh. "Come on, we can have hot banter, right?"