Chapter 13: Seelos

"Coming up on Seelos. Incoming transmission from a CT-7567", said Shylin. "Who is this? What're you doing here", Rex said. "Rex, it's Jack, may we come down?" "Jack? How are you? Yes, come down, look for an AT-TE".  They entered Seelos' atmosphere and spotted the AT-TE. They landed on the back as best they could. Rex, Wolffe and Gregor came out and immediately turned hostile when they saw Shylin, a Jedi. "Stand down, you three, she's not going to hurt you!" Jack shouted. "How'd you know that?!, Gregor shouted back. "Does it look like she hurt me? I was ordered to go kill her but didn't, she gave me a way out and now I'm training to be a Jedi". Rex looked confused, "us clone can't be Jedi, Jack". Jack ignited his saber and levitated it in-front of himself. Rex and the others were astonished. Rex was lost for words. "C-c-come on in, Jack, we have some food if you're hungry". Shylin and Jack entered the AT-TE now turned into a home. Wolffe obsessed to Rex in private that if the Empire found out about two Jedi, one being a deserter to the Empire, they'd come down and take them all out. "Wolffe it's ok, the Empire won't out, don't do anything stupid". Wolffe watched from a distance, blaster in hand. He aimed at Jack's head. "Ah!", exclaimed Jack. "Wolffe, what the hell?!", demanded Rex. Wolffe went wide eyed, "Sir, I-I'm sorry, I snapped". Luckily, the blaster bolt was deflected by Shylin but it grazed Jack's face. "Wolffe, I ought to kill you right now!", yelled Jack. Rex took Jack aside, "look, Wolffe is always on edge, he's afraid the Empire will come after us. What you need to do is start a new life, away from war. If you want to train to be Jedi, so be it but settle down. Marry someone, maybe that Jedi in there eh?"Jack thought about it, "Cut Lawquane told me the same thing except the marrying part. He left me his farm as he died in my arms after a Purge Trooper stabbed him in the stomach". Rex teared up, "Cut's... dead?" "Yea. I tried to save him but it was too late". Rex sighed, "it's always the good ones. Hevy, Fives, Jesse, granted, Jesse tried to carry out Order 66 and died in a Venetor crash that Ahsoka Tano and I managed to escape from, he was just following what the chip told him to do. He was a fine soldier". Rex and Jack talked for hours, "you really think I should just settle down? What about this growing Rebellion against them Empire? Maybe they could use a soldier like me". "There's a Rebellion forming? Heh, good luck I say, the Empire is too well equipped but you could be a valuable asset to them, you joined the Empire after the fall of the Republic right?" "Yea I did, I worked under Darth Vader for some time". "I've heard whispers of this Vader, any clue who he is?" "I don't know, Rex. Something feels...familiar about him, like I knew him".

Jack went to bed on The Marksman, contemplating his talk with Rex about starting a new life, maybe even with Shylin. The next day, they left Seelos. "I can feel your anxiety. What's wrong?", Shylin asked. "Uh, nothing. Just...feelings". "About?" "You. I have feelings for you, Shylin. When you took me under your wing, you were like a glowing angel, saving me from the hell that is the Empire". Shylin blushed, "Jedi aren't supposed to form attachments, Jack. But then again, there is no Jedi Order anymore". She leaned into jack and kissed him. They set course for Saleucami.