Chapter 3: Umbara and General Krell

Kenobi led the charge to capture the Umbaran capital. It seemed impossible, these "shadow people" had weapon technology the Republic had never seen before. Tanks invulnerable to thermal detonators and rocket launchers, ships where the pilot was protected by a ray shield. It seemed impossible to secure a Republic victory on this dark planet. "Come on men! A few more minutes and we are close to victory!" Kenobi bellowed. Jack had heard that the 501st was under the command of Jedi General Pong Krell. Skywalker had been requested back to Coruscant by the Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. The 212th had been fighting hard to win the capital for days, Jack already heard that Krell's forces had almost taken the airfield so he was hopeful that they could take the capital and finally get some rest.

The fighting continued for one more hour, Jack was exhausted but his aim never dwindled. He watched Kenobi slice down the Umbarans, limbs flying everywhere. As the hour faded, the Umbarans retreated and those that were left behind, were taken prisoner. Finally, the capital is secured. "I must make a call to General Krell. Excuse me, gentlemen, get some rest." Kenobi walked off. Jack sat down and sighed. He was tired of the fighting. He felt that something wasn't right but he couldn't place it. He just wanted the war to be over so he could retire. Jack heard Kenobi yelling for Krell, the transmissions were being jammed. They all tried to get the communications back up but to no avail, the Separatists were jamming them and the only way to get communications back online, was to destroy the supply ship. But none of them were pilots, it'd be up to the fleet to take care of that.

Hours passed and suddenly, there was a great big fireball in the sky, it was the supply ship, the fleet finally destroyed it. "CT-4789, report to these coordinates", a voice boomed through his helmets comms, it was General Krell. Apparently, the Umbarans were about to sneak attack the capital in effort to reclaim it while wearing clone armor. Jack and some of the 212th marched out, being lead by Waxer, a clone who's been with Kenobi since the Battle of Ryloth and was at the Second Battle of Geonosis. "Men, be quiet, we need to ambush them", Waxer whispered. Suddenly, blue blaster bolts come flying at them. Blaster fire was exchanged for mere minutes until when he saw Rex yelling and waving his arms. "We're CLONES!" He was confused. Did Krell lie? Why? Waxer was killed, he died in Rex's arms, Jack wanted revenge.

He decided to march with Rex to arrest Krell. As they took the elevator to the top floor, he couldn't shake the feeling that he could've killed Rex if he didn't hear his voice or see his blue and white armor. "Get ready, this is for all our brothers, this Jedi is a traitor", Rex said with anger and hurt in his voice. "General Krell, you're be relieved of duty", said Rex. "It's treason then!" Krell exclaimed. Krell ignited one double blue lightsaber and a green double bladed lightsaber and jumped out the window, killing more clones. They chased Krell into the Umbaran forest. His laugh bellowed like a rancor. Krell struck from every angle. Once they finally got their opening, they took it. They stunned Krell.

He heard about Dogma killing Krell, he was jealous he didn't get to do it but he's glad that traitor was shot in the back, it's what he deserved. Hopefully, Dogma will be okay, he deserves a promotion for that. Krell was a bastard of a Jedi.