Chapter 29 - Merry Christmas

Recap:

Rin's POV

I moved to sit up, and Sesshomaru stopped me, again.  I looked at him, and then he slowly helped me sit up.  I spoke to him in our little way again.  “I need a back rest.”  I gave him a look and he moved onto the bed, sat behind me, and I leaned back on him.  He kept his arms gently around me, careful not to hit the wound.  His father seemed to ease up some at that. 

“I apologize.”  I said to Inu-taishu, “that was rude and wrong to say, I just don’t like it when people stare at me okay.  Besides if you wanted me dead, something tells me you wouldn’t get very far, even if you tried.”  I could feel the rumble in Sesshomarus chest when he growled at his father.  I placed my hand over his.  “Calm down, Mr. cranky pants.”  He turned his attention to me, and sighed, calming himself.  His father continued to stare at us, and I was about to make another comment.

“You’re good for him.”  He motioned towards Sesshomaru, who looked back to his father.  I smiled and turned my head some to look at sesshomaru.  I kissed his check to get a low groan.  Hahahahahha.  His father noticed and grinned at us, and I laughed.   “If you’re a good boy, you get a treat.”

His father shook his head, and then turned and left the two of us in the room together.   

“Rin.”  It was a warning tone, lol I win.  I sighed and leaned my head back onto his shoulder, and turned my head towards his neck, I kissed his neck once, and closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms.  Inu-taishu left I guess, I didn’t see him leave, but I no longer felt his presence in the room.  Sesshomaru brought my lips to meet his, and I felt sadness and joy behind this kiss.  He pulled away to whisper in my ear.  “Don’t you ever do something like that again.”  I just nodded my head and placed my hand to the back of his neck, as the other made patterns on his arm.  I brought his lips back to mine, and refused to release him.  Once we pulled away, I leaned into him more, and closed my eyes.  “I’m tired.”

“Rest.”  I did as he said, and fell asleep in his arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rin’s POV

I woke up leaning against Sesshomaru, he had his eyes, closed, but I knew he wasn’t asleep, just relaxing.  I brought my hand up and started to trace his jawline, to feel him and then hear him start to make, almost like a purr sound.  I smiled and pecked his lips with my own once, and winced, when it hurt to move.  Sesshomaru’s eyes shot opened and looked at me, to check on me.  My hand went to my side, and I sat up.  Moving so that I could see the wound.  It was bandaged, it didn’t open or anything, that I could tell, but it did hurt.  “I’m okay.”

I just got a glare.  Kagome came in, and saw me awake.  She checked me, making sure that I was okay, and that there was no infection, then gave me a new bandage.  Sesshomaru stayed by my side the entire time.  I smiled at him, and he nodded his head at me.  Everything is perfect, sort of, other than the fact that I have people trying to kill me and Sesshomaru, and that I am injured.  Inuyasha came in with a bowl of soup for me to eat, and I took thanking him.  I ate in my room with Sesshomaru watching me, as if I would fall over and die right here in this very moment, I shook my head and smiled to myself.  While eating I thought of when I should tell them that I need their help, I so wanted to do this on my own, but it seems that, that is not the case, I need the help of my family.  I will talk to them about it tomorrow.