20: Back to school

Start from the beginning

"Ugh-" Stiles shoved her with a groan, "I'm never drinking again."

"Mmhm." Paige snorted and gave him the other poptart, "Ready for our test today?"

"Test on the first day back." Stiles grunted and walked into the classroom with her, "Not my idea of an awesome return."

"Hm." Paige hummed softly and took the seat beside him, "Has your dad found anything yet?"

"Are you asking because you're genuinely curious? Or is it because you want to know if they found Derek?"

Paige kicked his shin which made him cry out in pain, "Drop the whole Derek thing you rat."

"Why are you more violent?" Stiles demands while leaning his head against the desk so he could reach his shin, "Don't take your family issues out on my poor shins."

"Then stop accusing me about constantly thinking about Derek. My aunt is already-"

Stiles sat up when she suddenly stopped completely, "No, finish that sentence." He gave her a stern look, "You spoke to your aunt?"

"Only about Derek." Paige defends herself when she notices the look he was giving her, "Not about the whole werewolf thing... But... about my..."

Stiles rolled his eyes, "Your crush? Seriously? That's distasteful."

"You've got a crush that practically picked on us our entire lives."

"You said we'd end up together."

"I take back what I said." Paige stuck her tongue out to him when he shoved her softly, "Oh, Scott!"

"Mr. McCall." Mr. Harris says lowly, "Please take a seat."

"You're a stereotype."

Paige blinked her eyes a couple times before she turned to face Stiles, "I will put honey all over your lacrosse gear. Do not test me."

"You-" Mr. Harris snaps as he started the instructions, "-have forty-five minutes to complete the test. Twenty-five percent of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."

Paige wondered how Mr. Harris became a teacher in the first place. He was terrible with students. She always got good grades in his class but this man was a horrible person in general. He also gave her the creeps. The test so far wasn't even that hard until Scott suddenly shot up and went running out of the room. Stiles was next to go but when Paige went to stand Mr. Harris stopped her.

"Ms. Mercier. Sit back down now."

"But-"

"You want to keep that A in my class. You better be sitting back down in that seat and finishing this test."

Paige dropped back in her seat with a groan, she felt like she couldn't breathe for a second and covered her neck. She swallowed once her breathing returned to normal but her eyes shifted over to the door. She wondered if the feeling she felt was from Scott or something.

Her day kind of felt slow but she was officially in her lacrosse gear for practice. She was standing behind Scott and Stiles, leaning down against them with a lollipop in her mouth. A lollipop she actually got from Danny as a thank you for the notes for class.

"All right, geniuses, listen up." Coach rallied them all, "Due to the recent pink eye epidemic -Thank you, Greenburg- the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word 'probationary'."