C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e

Song:: "If I Be Wrong" by Wolf Larsen

C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e >>>>>>>

Nick couldn't remember being so overwhelmed before.

How did women do this shit? There was a shampoo for dry hair, fine hair, strong hair, weak hair, blonde hair, red hair and....he stops in his tracks dumbfounded, shampoo for no hair? He puts it back on the shelf and tries to focus. What does he know about Poppy that would help in this situation? She's blonde. Her hair is thick and has some curls in it sometimes. Should it smell like her? He grabs a bottle and puts it to his nose. Too, cool smelling. He tries to think of her actual scent and all he can come up with, oddly enough, is...honey? No more sweet and floral. Honeysuckle maybe? He shakes his head.

When the hell had he ever smelled honeysuckle?

"Are you finding everything okay?"

Nick turns to see a teenage girl with blue hair in front of him, "Um, shampoo?"

She gave him an odd look, "You're in the hair care aisle, sir."

"Yeah," He says stupidly before sighing heavily, "My....sister...is coming to visit me this week and I want to have shampoo for her but I'm having trouble."

She giggles at him, "There are a lot of choices."

"No shit." He scoffs before smiling sheepishly, "Sorry."

She waves him off and asks, "What's her hair like?"

"Blonde," He blurts, "Thick. Some curl. Um, She sweats a lot. Does that help?"

She giggles again, "Um, sure. How about...this one?"

He looks at the yellow bottle in her hand and smiles a little. "Honey, huh?"

"Good for hair, I guess."

"You guess, huh?" He says with a laugh before tossing it in his shopping basket, "What do you know about clothes?"

She blinks at him before a smirk comes across her lips, "Oh, I know a lot!"

"Well...." he looks at her name tag, "Chloe. Looks like I'll be needing your assistance then after all."

She winks at him, "My pleasure."

He winces, "then maybe you can tell me where the socks are?"

"Socks?"

"Yeah."

She grimaces, "Aisle 12."

"Alright. Thanks, Chloe."

"Is that all you'll need?!" She yells after him as he walks away.

He just waves behind him, the word 'jailbait' swimming in his head. He grabs the pinkest, fuzziest socks he can find and tosses them in the basket as well. He's already gotten her some clothes at the goodwill down the road already.

He didn't know her sizes. He just watched a few girls, about her size shopping in certain areas and grabbed what he thought she'd fit into it. He hopes she's not terribly into fashion though because it's not exactly his strong point.The man lives and dies in dark wash jeans and a plain t-shirt. Anything less or more is asking a lot from him. Though she didn't seem to be complaining that much about wearing his clothes these last weeks.

If he was honest with himself, he'd admit he liked it too.

She seemed less odd like that. Just in his boxers and t-shirts seemed more of a leveler. He didn't feel so intimidated and he could see her more as any other girl instead of the odd creature he found on his lawn. Which reminded him that he needed more bandages.