Chapter One - Islanders

Start from the beginning

       "The doctor says I might forget somethings if the surgery doesn't go well" she told Demilade a day to both their surgeries. She had a cancerous tumor in her head and he had a non-cancerous one.

   "But you won't forget me, will you Marcy?" He asked

  "I would never forget you, you are my best friend in the whole wide world" she said before opening her arms for a big hug.

       They hugged.
     Later that night, she woke up  to pee. She couldn't find Diana or Agnes but she heard crying. The bathroom door was open and the light was on.

  "We can't afford the surgery?" A man's voice said "The doctor said it's not causing any harm if we leave it"

"What if we leave it and it becomes worse, what if it becomes cancerous and we have to spend even more money. Or it gets to big and things go wrong" a woman said as she cried. "Demilade is all I have, we have to find a way"

       She walked up to the front of the toilet door to see Demilade's mom and dad. She had met them a couple of times and they always brought a lot of treats for her and Demilade but she couldn't take them. They always looked happy at seeing their son playing around with her

     "Hey, Marcella" his mom said as she came towards Marcella who was holding on to Elsa. "I am sorry honey, did we wake you?"
    "No, I just needed to pee" she said to her as she scratched her eyes with the back of her hand.
    "We will excuse you and see you tomorrow" she said as she walked out of the toilet with Demilade's father.

    She walked to Demilade's bed side and tucked in Elsa beside him. "You need him more than I do"

      By the time Marcella woke up the next day, The Doctor was already breaking  the news to Demilade with his parents by his side. She explained that the tumor wasn't harmful to him if it stayed a little longer till they could afford to pay for the surgery.

 Demilade was a smart kid and he nodded at everything the doctor said as she explained it to him in simple terms. He held on tight to Elsa as the three adults talked to him. His dad held on to his mom as she held on to his hand. His mom had tried not to cry till she started crying which made Demilade start crying.

     They left the room with the doctor which gave him time to talk to her.

     "I am sorry." Marcella said as he sat in his bed cleaning the tears from his face.
"I am okay. The doctor said so" he said as he tried to fake a smile.

    "You have to get ready for your surgery" he said as he got down from his bed and handed Elsa back to her. "Thank you"
     He ran into the bathroom before she could say anything. Her father walked in with a smile on his face and a bunch of flowers.

     "Daddy!" She yelled with excitement. He got to her bed and lifted her up in his arms as he hugged her.

    "Marcella" he said "who's my strong baby"
"I am daddy!" She yelled as he put her down on the bed.

     Demilade's mother walked in. "Oh I am so sorry, sir" she said as she saw Timi sitting next to his daughter. "I just need to get Demilade"

       They sat there looking at her as she quickly walked into the bathroom and gently dragged the boy out. Her son had been crying. She reached down to carry her eight years old son who would have normally protested but didn't this time. She was trying to be a strong mother but she wasn't sure how long she could keep it on. This was her only chance at being a mother. 

    "Thank you" She said, Timi looked at her as she carried her son out. She was frailer than the first time he saw her.
   "Good day, Sir. I am so sorry for the inconvenience" she had said as she stretched her hand the first day he saw her "I am Tutu and this is Daniel, my husband"