35

When I opened my eyes, my head was pounding. I had to blink my eyes for a couple of times to adjust my eyes to the light and the headache. My eyes were watering as well. I probably had a black eye at that point from how hard the punch was.

I was completely knocked out.

I looked around and couldn't see anything much. I was in a cell. Probably in a dungeon. I heard knight's boots walking and their shadows but no one had yet made any direct contact with me.

I didn't know how long I was out but I needed to do something to get out of the cell.

"Hello?!" I yelled but no one answer. The guards stopped talking but they didn't seem to be answering me.

"HELLO?! HEY! I NEED A LITTLE HELP HERE!" I continued yelling. I heard a loud sigh coming from one of I don't know how many guards who finally make his way towards my cell. He was fully equipped in his armour so there was no chance for me to punch him. Plus the other guards could easily knock me out again.

"What?" He asked.

"Where am I?" "In a cell obviously," Then he laughed. So does the other guards.

"I know sire, but what kingdom am I in now? Why was I abducted because I'm sure I did nothing wrong. And how long have I been out? Why am I even in a cell?"

"Jesus," He rubbed his face. Already regretting his decision to be the one that came to talk to me.

"You're in Volkscreed and you've been out for a couple of days. That's all I can give you. Now shut up!" He left. I bit my lips, the answers weren't enough.

Volkscreed? Two days?

Why was I even in Volkscreed? What do they want with me? But if I were in Volkscreed that means my people are close to me. They're somewhere in the kingdom. Meaning I can save them. But first, I need to get out of this cell. I need to wait for the guards to switch shift for their break then maybe I can do something to escape.

While I was busy coming up with plan and strategies, the donor cell was opened by one of the guards. Then two other guards walked in and lifted me up from the floor.

"Wait, wait! Where are you taking me? Let me go!" I tried to escape from their tight grasp on both of my arms but nothing happens. They didn't answer me and just kept dragging me to a place.

"Get off me!" I still tried. Hoping for a miracle to happen.

They opened a door to a room. It's the Great Hall. Volkscreed's Great Hall. They left me in the middle of the hall and left. The guards closed the door and locked it before I could even think about running toward it.

"Evelyn," I turned to my front and almost collapsed. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Mom!" I ran to her and hugged her. I cried immediately. Both of our hands weren't tied which was weird considering we could literally escape with our free hands but that was the last thing on my mind when my mom's arms were around me, holding me close.

I cried and cried in her arm. It was surreal.

"Mom, what happened?"

"Evelyn, there's something you need to know," She said, with shaking hands. She was scared of something. She was nervous.

"W-what?"

"Evelyn," A voice called me from my back. My mom was looking at the person behind me with tears continuously leaving her eyes.

"Dad?"

++

(Harry's POV)