26

For the next couple of days, I didn't talk to the prince at all. Nor James. When James came into the kitchen I pretended that I was busy and if I weren't busy I'd asked the staffs to take over their task.

When it was time for lunch or dinner, I'll make sure I was doing a job that can't be left undone. Like actually cooking on the stove. I did not want Harry to pull off another stunt again.

You could say I was overreacting but to me I wasn't.

I was embarrassed. If Harry kept his little game with me then I'd be fine. But now even the princess knew something was up. I felt, uncomfortable. Not only I was a commoner. I was also an outsider. I didn't want to give any wrong ideas to anyone. I thought only me, him and James knew about whatever we were.

Deep down I knew I was scared.

Scared that his parents will find out and that whatever relationship or thing we had going on needed to stop and maybe they'll send me back home without anyone knowing so I'll never see him again.

I wasn't prepared to lose my feelings for him.

"Eve..." James walked in again in the kitchen for the hundreds time since morning. I ignored him yet again. Somehow I knew the prince sent him here to try and make me talk to them again. The prince himself couldn't walk in here because then the staffs would be confused then they'll start investigating by themselves.

"Evelyn..." I walked in front of him while carrying a pot full of water to cook pasta for the royal's dinner, completely ignoring him.

"Ruth, is this enough?" I asked one of the cooks and she nodded. I smiled and continued with my other tasks.

"Eve, come on." I pretended like he wasn't there and some of the kitchen staffs were already looking at me wondering why I was ignoring this guy for a couple of days now since he's been begging for my attention every day in the kitchen.

Marilyn tried to ask me what was going on but by looking at my face, she stopped herself and told her son to go and continue his job which was serving the prince. He agreed and walked out of the kitchen. I was relieved but not for long when his face appeared again in the kitchen.

"Eve, the prince asked you to pick up some potatoes for him." I didn't look up and continue cleaning the meat for the pasta's sauce.

"Eve," he continued.

"We have enough potatoes here," I answered coldly. I knew what he meant. Harry wanted me to meet him in his garden but I didn't want to.

"Eve, maybe you forgot what I meant, but the prince said to pick up some potatoes for him because he wants some mashed potatoes after dinner," James said again without giving up.

"Wait, the prince wants another special meal? He wants mashed potatoes?" Ruth who was beside me asked, furrowing her brows, clearly confused.

"What? No! The prince doesn't want mashed potatoes!" James almost yell.

"But you said he wants Eve to pick up some potatoes because he wants some mashed potatoes? No?" Ruth argued back. I bit my lips, holding in my laugh. It was funny. James was struggling to find excuses and Ruth was not backing down any moment because she knew if the royals wanted to eat something and the cooks didn't prepare it on time, they'd be in trouble.

"No, it's okay Ruth. I'll handle it." She looked at me with worried eyes but nodded when I told her it was a simple task.

"Tell him I'll go pick up. After dinner right?" I asked nonchalantly, looking at him.

He eagerly nodded and smiled. Happy that I finally answered him after two days of the silent treatment. He smiled and thanked me and left.

For the rest of the day, I did all my tasks without any challenges. My tasks were completed with ease. I kinda liked my job. Even though id loved to be a knight, but being in the kitchen wasn't so bad.