28

The night continued with music and dancing and arrival of more royal family. I was handing out desserts after desserts. It was fun. The guests were nice. Some weren't. But it didn't bother me. When no one wanted to take the dessert anymore, I stood on the side while observing my surroundings. Of course, the man of the hour was the main talk.

Everyone wanted to dance with him. Wanted to introduce themselves to him.

The prince hasn't danced with anyone. He was walking around asking everyone how they were doing and talked to people, being the nicest and humble prince himself.

Ed came and took some foods but then left when he said there were too many people and he wasn't uncomfortable. I saw James as well but he was busy accompanying the prince to notice me. Plus they didn't know I was working as a servant that night.

Then it was time for the prince's first dance. Everyone completely forgot about foods and drinks. They wanted to focus on him. Waiting and hoping that the prince would notice them and asked for a dance.

Princesses fixed their hair and dress- making themselves looked better if it was possible and smiled brightly. I smiled. I wasn't jealous. Why would I? I was no one. I was a kitchen girl and a servant. I knew my place.

Then the prince walked to a particular girl. He bowed and reached his hand out to ask a princess for a dance. Blonde hair. Red lips. Rosy cheeks. Beautiful. So so beautiful.

She smiled and took his hand. Other princesses looked disappointed but they quickly moved their focus on the two human beings in the middle of the ballroom. The prince and the princess started moving their body to the music.

Their movement was so beautiful. His palm was on her waist, holding her. They swayed side to side. Then the prince lifted her up and everyone gasped. Their movement was so natural. Like they had been preparing their whole life for this.

He looked, happy. And I was happy for him. But I wasn't going to lie and say there wasn't a pang of jealousy deep down in my heart while watching them two dancing their hearts out under the chandelier to classical music.

"That's Princess Camille. From a kingdom in France." A voice startled me from behind. I almost dropped my tray but quickly hold it with both of my hands.

"You scared me," I said, trying to catch my breath. I was too focused and mesmerized on the dancing I didn't feel his presence behind me.

"Sorry!" Prince Zayn laughed and grinned. I smiled back and offered him the dessert. He gladly took a small cake and stuffed his mouth with it. The dancing was still going on. I smiled. Imagining myself on her place.

"They're perfect," I said almost came out as a whisper.

"His heart is yours." He replied. I looked at him and smile. I knew he was trying to make me feel better and distract me from feeling down.

"He can't be with me. You, him and I know that." I said, keeping my eyes on the two creature swaying beautifully and gracefully.

For the next few minutes, we were both silenced. Both focusing on the prince and princess. Then the music changed and more prince and princesses started gathering around and dance with each other to more happy and joyful music.

I tried to promote my dessert to the guest but they refused and some didn't even pay attention to me. So I decided to stand next to Zayn.

"Why aren't you dancing?" I started a conversation with the prince.

"Not my thing." He answered shortly and took a sip of his wine.

"What is your thing?" I asked again.

"Nothing is my thing." He laughed and I joined. He was so laid back. I felt comfortable around him.