Before Rick could respond, footsteps sounded as they approached the two. "Alexandria will be fine with you both gone, we're ready." Clary and Rick turned to see Father Gabriel approaching them, a gun slung over his shoulder. "We have twenty-four hour shifts set up on each of the watchtowers, each one of them fully supplied and ready. In the case that were incurred upon, we have drivers assigned, evacuation and distraction, and the rendezvous we discussed. In the event of any emergency, my first priority is Judith." Clary's heart lightened a bit, knowing the young girl would be okay.

Father Gabriel looked to the girl before giving a soft nod. "Once Judith is taken care of, Enid will be the next." Clary nodded, a grateful look upon her face before she let out a sigh. "Which reminds me, after we're long gone, open the closet in the armory. You'll probably hear her cursing but I had to keep her here somehow." Both Gabriel and Rick looked to her in confusion, to which she responded by shaking her head. Gabriel nodded slowly, taking her directions into account before looking at the two of them. "I won't fail you, either of you." His eyes then fell on Rick. "Are you comfortable leaving me in charge of Alexandria's defenses?" Gabriel questioned, leading Rick to pause for a moment before nodding. "Yes." Gabriel looked to Clary, who nodded her head in response.

"Um, Rick? Clary?" Both Rick and Clary, with their names being called, turned to see Spencer making his way towards them. "I don't know, I'm thinking, if it's not too late, should we try and make some kind of deal?" Rick looked to the girl, who only have a single nod before he turned back to Spencer. "Tell them to wait for me and the Angel of Death. We got a deal for them." Looking back to the community they would leave, Clary followed Rick into the RV.

As they got the RV started, Clary made her way to the back of the vehicle to see Carl holding Maggie's hand, soothing her. Her footsteps echoed through the small hall, causing the both of them to look to the girl as she came closer. Carl made a move to stand up, Maggie tightened her grip on his hand, leading him to look back at her. "Remember what we talked about," Maggie said softly, causing the boy to nod his head. "Yes ma'am." Maggie gave him a small smile before letting go of his hand, allowing the boy to move closer to Clary. Placing a hand on her arm, Clary looked to Carl before he gave her a reassuring nod. "It's coming and going, but she'll be okay. She's strong. Let me know if you need anything." Clary nodded as he walked past her, allowing the girl to move towards the woman before kneeling by the bed.

Maggie looked at her with soft eyes, Clary taking her clammy hand in hers to give her as much comfort as she could. "Should I be worried about what you and Carl talked about?" The woman only let out a strained laugh. "Of course not. You shouldn't worry at all, about anything." Clary smiled softly. "Can't do that. I'm worried about you. I hate seeing you in pain." Maggie let out a soft sigh before bringing her hand up to brush the hair from the girl's face.

Even though Clary wasn't her true daughter, not being born from her womb the same way her unborn child would be, she was her daughter. She loved her as if she were her own flesh and blood, just as she knew Glenn did. "Just having you here makes it easier. I'll be okay, and we'll get back home and Glenn will be there and we'll live the life we were meant to." Clary nodded, not wanting to frown upon the hopeful dream that Maggie created. She knew the ruthlessness of the Saviors, but if she could save Maggie from it, she would.

Clary's attention was taken away from Maggie as she heard footsteps approaching, looking towards the entrance to see Rick. Clary turned back to Maggie, squeezing her hand comfortingly before allowing Rick to take over. As they switched spots, Carl made his way towards the girl as she leaned against a counter in the vehicle. "You okay?" Clary let out a sigh she didn't know she had been holding, her face displaying the worry she felt. "Yeah, I just— I hate seeing her like this." Clary pushed back hair that had fallen in her face behind her ear before taking a deep breath. As she looked to Carl, she could tell he was worried about her. "She's strong, she'll pull—" Carl was cut off as the RV started to slow down, Rick walking past the two teenagers to see what was wrong.

Clary was in the dark as to what was happening, watching as Rick moved forward only to turn back to her. "Don't come too close, it's Saviors." Clary approached close enough to see the faces of the men yet hidden enough to where they would not be able to see the Angel of Death. As she looked at the Saviors she was surprised yet angered, her jaw clenching as she saw Simon. Rick looked back to her, following her gaze. "You know any of them?" Rick questioned, causing the girl to nod. "The one in the front, Simon. He's Negan's right hand." Rick clenched his jaw, assessing the situation before turning back to the girl. "You stay here, we don't need them knowing you're with us. Stay with Maggie." Clary nodded, watching as he opened the door before taking the others out with him. Being the last one out, Carl sent her a reassuring nod before he stepped out of the vehicle.

Clary moved towards the doorway to the room Maggie was in, bringing up her gun and holding it firmly. "Clary, what's wrong?" Clary turned back to see Maggie looking worriedly at her. The girl could only shake her head before speaking. "Saviors, but they'll be out of our way soon enough. We're getting you to Hilltop, no matter what, okay?" As Clary looked at her, Maggie nodded her head before the girl turned back around.

Through the window of the RV, she could see the bodies of her people and the Saviors, noting that so far it had just been conversation. As the group stepped away, she could begin to hear Rick's voice as the rest of them started piling back into the RV. Carl came close to her, her eyes questioning him but to no response form the boy as he watched the men staring down his father. Clary followed his gaze, listening as Rick continued to speak to Simon, the latter man's voice distant but able to hear. "You want to make today your last day on Earth?" Rick questioned the man, who only shrugged. "No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on Earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true?" Clary's eyes faltered from Simon as she looked at Carl, his gaze steady ahead, before looking back at Maggie. She saw the woman allow her pain to take over, forcing her to nod off, which made Clary more relaxed as it meant she wouldn't have to hear the words the Savior was saying.

As Clary turned back, she heard Simon continue speaking. "Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, cause you never know... just like that. He kind to each other, like you said, like it was your last day on Earth." Rick nodded. "You do the same." As Rick entered the RV, Abraham began to back away. With the Saviors fading from Clary's sight, the girl couldn't help but wonder if his words would be true.