Twelve

Camden stumbled over to the back-exit weaving through the mass of bodies that danced and socialised among her. She blinked her vision back into focus when she came to a stop and tried to get her thought process back in order.

After getting practically bottle fed by Madelyn while doing a handstand as she competed with Drew on who could hold out the longest in their makeshift keg game, her level of sobriety where vividly descending. When she'd won, she bragged about it and attempted to do a backflip in victory, resulting into a very painful fall, pushing her arm into a position that couldn't be healthy and probably some other potential other injuries she had yet to discover in the morning. At this moment she really didn't feel any of the pain except for the light thumping in her head from when she'd high fived the ground with her face.

She rubbed her eyebrow and knew her sober self would have some unexplainable bruising tomorrow. "Hey," Nick appeared out of thin air. "Wow," Camden mumbled in surprise, her reaction was a little late.

"I see that you're having fun," he chuckled as he twirled the Whiteclaw can in hand nervously when he came face to face with the actress. Camden grinned cheekily at him. "You're side-tracking. Spill it playboy, what do I have to do?"

Nick rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he seemed to sober up a little, losing the liquid confidence; so he took a gulp of the can in his hand before he chewed his lip nervously, trying to mentally form a coherent sentence.

"Look, I-," he started before he cut himself off, running a hand through his hair, "What I want you to do -if you're okay with it- ugh," he groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. He bent down and set the can on the floor, wiping his clammy hands on his jeans as he took a deep breath and looked back at Camden who had visibly sobered up a little and was listening attentively.

"I mean -what I'm trying to say is that I've been thinking about it- you a lot lately and I just-," he trailed off getting lost in the way she was looking up at him with those big brown curious eyes. Her eyes were still glazed over, but they shone with care as she listened to him thoughtfully, not even attempting to try and jab at him once she noted how serious he was.

When his eyes locked with hers, he seemed to have found what he was looking for. So, he took a step forward placing a hand gingerly on her waist as he moved his face closer to hers. Her eyes darted from his left to his right eye as she tried to adapt to change of proximity, but she didn't move back or recoil from his touch. Nick took his chance and leaned in, closing the space between them as pressed his lips to hers.

Camden's eyes widened, it took her a second to realise what was happening before she relaxed to his touch and kissed him back, letting her eyes flutter shut. Nick pulled back and opened his eyes looking just as surprised at his own actions as Camden felt. Camden's mouth remained slightly agape as she looked up at him, her brain not even comprehending the weight of her actions and what this would mean tomorrow. His eyes looked her face over, nervous for her reaction.

So, Camden breathed out a sigh before she grabbed the collar of Nick's hoodie pulling him into another kiss in response. This one felt like a reply to the previous question that lingered in the kiss. It was harder and it took her breath away. Her hands tangled in his hair as his arms snaked around her waist. His lips tasted sweet when she held his bottom lip between her teeth, like the raspberry drinks he'd been sipping.

When they finally broke apart, Nick's mouth fell open as he stared at the girls in his arms, "Let me take you out."

Camden's eyes widened at that, now that, she wasn't expecting. She composed herself quickly and her familiar coyly smile returned as she played with Nick's now messy hair. "Where would you take me?" She asked playfully.