I'm Sorry...

"This doesn't look good... This doesn't look good at all..." Arthur said to Karen. The two had just watched Jenna come back inside, a hint of sadness and anger in her eyes.

"They both love each other... Why can't they just admit it?" Karen said before taking a sip of beer.

"I don't know... But Matt looks pretty happy with Lily, I think things might be too late for Jenna and Matt..." Arthur said. They both looked over and saw Matt whispering in Lily's ear and giggling.

"Should I go talk to her? She must be pretty upset right now..." Karen said referring to Jenna.

"I think she just wants some space, let's leave her alone for now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Where were you?" Richard said as Jenna walked up and stood next to him.

"Sorry, I went to the bathroom and then went outside to get a bit of fresh air." Jenna said with a fake smile.

"You look gorgeous tonight baby," he said before leaning down to kiss her cheek, "you should come home with me tonight..." He whispered seductively in her ear.

Jenna felt sick at the thought of sleeping with Richard. She knew she didn't love him anymore, and they only person she wanted to lay in bed with was Matt.

"Maybe..." Jenna said with an emotionless tone.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Richard asked, a look of concern in his eyes.

"Can we talk outside?"

Richard nodded and the two of them stepped out into the cold night. Jenna had her back to him and looked up at the sky. Matt... She loved him to the moon and back and even though she could never have him, she couldn't string Richard along any further.

"Richard..." She whispered as tears began to form in her eyes, "I... I'm sorry..." She managed to say.

"For what?" He asked and took a step closer to her.

"For... For being a terrible person..." She began sobbing.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice cracked at his spoke.

"I... I... I'm not in love with you anymore, and I'm sorry..." She looked down at her feet, she couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Is it because there's someone else?" He asked.

Before Jenna could reply Richard said "it's Matt, isn't it..."

Jenna didn't say anything, she couldn't see him through her tear filled eyes, but she could hear how hurt he was.

"I can't make you love me..." Richard said calmly. Jenna knew he was crying, he was holding back though; he hated crying in front of other people.

They stayed in silence for a few moments, not knowing what to say to one another. Richard walked past Jenna and headed to his car, but when he was only a few feet away from her, he turned back around and said, "I hope that you'll find someone who'll love and care for you as much as I did.... As much as I still do."

With that, Jenna was alone outside with a broken heart...

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I promise I'll try to update more frequently! I love reading the comments you guys leave me; they make me smile, and it's nice to know that some people out there enjoy my writing :) I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!