Time To Unpack

Jenna left the studio after they had finished filming the first scene with the new doctor, Peter Capaldi. For some reason her heart felt empty inside. Matt was gone, and she knew it was time to adjust to the changes that had come, but everything felt so wrong.

She walked along the busy streets of London and then took the tube to her flat. As soon as she walked through the door she flopped down on the couch and closed her eyes. Her flat mates had gone away for the weekend so she had the whole house to herself. She walked into the kitchen and made herself a cup of tea before carefully returning to the couch. She pulled out her phone and decided to text Richard in the hopes that he could cheer her up.

Hi babe :) how're you? I miss you x

Richard replied: Sorry, I can't talk right now, I'm about to do a photo shoot and then an autograph signing

She sighed, Richard had been so busy lately. Whenever he came over to visit, he was so exhausted that he would just fall asleep on the couch. She turned on the t.v. and decided to watch a bit of Breaking Bad to help distract her from the emptiness she was feeling inside.

Across town Matt was unpacking a box that contained the contents of his Doctor Who trailer. He carefully pulled back the flaps and began to reach inside. The first thing he grabbed was his bow tie. He smiled and put it on before grabbing his fez. He walked over to his mirror and took a good look at himself.

"When one door closes, a new one will soon open..." He whispered to himself. He carefully removed the bow tie and fez before rummaging through the box some more. He found a few T-shirts of his and threw them to the side, he then reached in and felt something hard. He pulled out an Oasis CD and examined the case. This wasn't his CD, it was Jenna's. She had come into his trailer one day and put it on for them to listen to. He teased her about having bad taste in music and then she had quickly come up with a clever comeback. He walked over to his CD player and inserted the disc. The first song that came on was Wonderwall...

Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now...

He continued to empty the box, and then he came across one of her shirts, across the front it said "LOVE ME TENDER, LOVE ME TENDER, LULA LULA LULA LULA..." The soft shirt smelled of spring flowers; it smelled of Jenna's perfume. He laid back on the couch and rubbed his temples. Jenna, Jenna, Jenna... That was all he could thing about. They had become friends the moment they met, but during the last few weeks of shooting, Matt knew that he felt something stronger for her. He had developed a crush on her, and no matter how hard he tried to convince himself that he only liked her as a friend, thoughts of kissing her and cuddling her would invade his mind.

He pulled out his phone and clicked on Jenna's name. He longed to call her, to hear her voice, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He knew she was dating Richard Madden, and that they were both happily in love. He put his phone back in his pocket and carefully folded Jenna's shirt and placed the CD case on top. He would have to return her stuff at one point which would be the perfect excuse to see her...