Please Pick Up

Jenna held her phone in her hand, staring at a picture of her and Matt on set. She needed to call him, she needed to hear his voice, and most importantly, she needed to apologize for the way she had treated him. She missed him... She missed her best friend and she wanted him back in her life. She glanced at her clock; it was 1:00 am. Jenna knew it was a bit late to call him, but he always picked up when she called, he promised her he'd always be there for her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you want to come inside and have a cup of tea?" Lily bit her lip and smiled at Matt.

"I'd love to!" The two had had so much fun that he had offered to walk her home because he wasn't ready to say goodnight to her yet.

Together they entered the small flat and Matt took a good look around. The cream colored walls were decorated with black and white photos; Lily explained to him that she was passionate about photography and that she has taken the pictures. There was a small fireplace in the corner, and on the mantle were a row of candles that smelled of gingerbread. In the kitchen there were bowls of fruit on the counter, indicating that she chose to eat healthy. Everything about her apartment felt welcoming; walking in felt like stepping into a hug.

"I'll make us some tea; make yourself feel at home!" Lily said.

Matt headed to the living room and sat down on the couch. He suddenly felt his phone buzz in his back pocket; he pulled it out and saw Jenna's name on the screen. Matt peered into the direction of the kitchen; for a moment he debated answering, but he then decided that he didn't want to be rude and blow things with Lily. He ignored her call, and smiled as Lily entered the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt hadn't picked up. Jenna rolled over and placed her phone on her nightstand. Tears began to fill her eyes; Matt was the one, and she needed to tell him before it was too late. She needed to tell him how she felt about him and that she wanted to be more than friends...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So then, I fell flat on my face and everyone on set began to laugh at me!" Matt said.

Lily began to laugh at Matt's stories.

Throughout the night the two of them cuddled, had tickle fights, watched Netflix and just enjoyed being in each other's company.

"I really like spending time with you..." Matt whispered in Lily's ear.

"I really like spending time with you too..." She turned to face him. She cupped his face and kissed him. The kiss turned more passionate and eventually Lily sat on his lap.

"I think we should head to the bedroom..." Lily said with a smile.