Nice To Meet You!

Sam jumped back a little bit, startled at what had just happened. A few people turned their heads in Matt's direction as he awkwardly held the half shattered bottle.

"Are... Are you alright mate?" Sam asked.

Matt face turned red with anger, so he took a deep breath to calm himself down. Beer dribbled off the bar and created a puddle on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Sorry... I've just been really stressed lately..." Matt said.

"It's alright, let's just get you another beer."

Matt just nodded. The bar tender came over and began to wipe up Matt's mess. Another beer was placed in front of him and he carefully lifted the bottle up to his lips. Matt decided it would be best to ignore Sam's comment on Jenna, so he changed the topic, and the two men began to talk about the game on t.v.

He didn't own Jenna... Why did he feel so protective of her? In that moment, while sitting at the bar watching t.v. he realized that he didn't like Jenna... He was in love with her... He shook the thought out of his mind; she was dating Richard and they were very happy together...

"I have to move on..." Matt whispered to himself.

"What'd you say?" Sam asked.

"Nothing! I just said this game is intense."

"Yeah, it is" Sam took a sip of his beer before looking in the corner where the pool tables were. "How about a game?" He asked Matt.

"No thanks, I'm rubbish at it." Matt said with a chuckle.

"Alright, well, I'm going to go play one game, I'll be right back." With that Sam got up and left Matt sitting alone.

He sighed and looked around the place. Everyone seemed to be having fun but him. He caught Arthur's eye and when he did Arthur have him a thumbs up to let him know that he was getting along with the girl. Matt smiled at him and shook his head at his friend who was always socially awkward when it came to girls.

"You look awfully lonely..."

Matt turned around to see a girl with curly blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes, and a breathtakingly beautiful smile standing in front of him.

"Yeah, both my friends are off doing their own thing, and I'm just sitting here drinking a beer." He said with a sad smile.

"You look a bit sad..." She said.

He sighed, "I'm just a bit stressed that's all."

"Everyone gets stressed sometimes, you just have to make sure you keep your head up."

He couldn't help but notice how truly beautiful she was. When she spoke her voice was soft and smooth; it comforted him.

"Would you like to sit down? I'll buy you a drink." Matt sat motioning to the seat next to him.

"Id love too! My names Lily, Lily James."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Matt Smith." He said with a smile.