Vinny - Drabble #19

"I'm sorry what?"

Vinny looks towards you shocked.

His eyes then focus on the small child. He knew you had a kid.

You had told him time and time again. Always expressing how being a single mom while the father is off in another relationship playing dad to another kid is hard on you. He had promised if the relationship lasted, if it made it to the stage of marriage he would never do that.

It's been a full year and while he knows you have one. He didn't ever expect to meet the child yet. It just was not ever talked about.

This, this is a whole loop for him. Your hands tighten on the steering wheel, knuckles turning white as you stay focused on the road. You can hear the panic in his voice.

"So i'm meeting her today?"

He isn't not wanting to meet her. It's just, "What if she doesn't like me?"

You chuckle at the question and take one hand off the steering wheel to rest it on his leg.

"Babe, she is gonna love you. She already does if i'm honest."

He gave a clueless look, his head running through scenarios. Finding none and just giving up as he waits till the park comes in view. His stomach dropping with nervousness as he sees the small child in view as soon as he do.

You let go of his hand and kneel down as the small child comes running. Her long brown hair flowing with the wind as she runs as fast as she can. Her eyes wide and squealing. She almost knocks her mother over as she gives a death hug to her then turns to look to the person standing near her.

She's only eight years old. Still a tiny child to you, but a whole child with an identity of her own. Her own music taste. She is the sweet girl who likes more pop music then you but she loves some metal bands too. Some heavier stuff and it's clear of that when her eyes lock to Vinny. Then going wide before she gasps out loud.

"You're Vinny from Motionless In White!"

She squeals and runs towards to the man, wrapping her arms around him. He looks

He looks absolutely shocked and yet honored. He looks towards you, the knowing look coming to him. She already loves him just like you had said. It's now as he is meeting the child of the woman who he is sure he wants to marry in the future as soon as he can gain the courage, that he is thankful for being in a band.

The hardest part of this is over. He is sure now he is meant to be with you at all costs.