Volume 3 Ep. 8 - Her Twisted End

Y/N's Dorm
Y/N

"A terrible tragedy took place this afternoon in the one-on-one rounds of the Vytal Festival Tournament -- "

"I don't know what Beacon's Headmaster is teaching his students, but that was disgraceful! Completely uncalled for!"

"Despite Atlas reinforcements, local authorities are still calling on any available Huntsman to aid in suppressing in Grimm activity."

I closed my scroll and let out a sigh. I pinched the bridge of my nose. I closed my eyes as past events flashed in my mind. My view was distorted, yet, I could completely see what happened.

It was like the flickering of a light bulb. First, I saw Yang circling Mercury. Then, like a flicker, I saw Mercury rush at Yang resulting in her punching at him. 'I don't know anymore...' I sighed out and fall onto my bed.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in!" I shouted and sat up. The door opens as General Ironwood walked in. I saw two Atlesian Knights. "Those two robots can stay outside, General." I quickly told him before he enters my room.

"I know, they will be outside." He tells me as he closes the door behind him. "So, General, what brings you here?" I ask him as he looks at my room. Shortly after, he nodded briefly before looking at me.

"What are your thoughts about Ms. Xiao Long's actions after her match between Mr. Black?" He asks me. "Yang wouldn't do something like that." I simply tell him. He nods.

"I figured you would say that." General Ironwood responded. "But she didn't do it, I swear," I told him. "I swear on my staff and life that it was Mercury's doing." I added.

"Mercury's doing?" He repeated. I nodded. "What did you see then? Perhaps you can change my mind." He tells me. "I don't know how to explain it... but... I saw Yang circling Mercury... then, I saw Mercury charging at her with an intentional look in his eyes." I explained.

"Hmmm... that's not what the viewers saw, Y/N." General Ironwood commented. "You have to believe me, General. There's something up with Mercury... and possibly his whole team." I reasoned.

General Ironwood closes his eyes for a second before reopening it. "Very well then. Go to bed. I will leave you to your own." General Ironwood said. "General," I called out to him before he left my room. He looks back at me.

"You know I wouldn't lie." I tell him as I stared at him. He nods. "I know." He lets out and leaves my room. I let out a tired sigh and fall back into my bed.

Something big will happen inevitably, Y/N... both you and I know it very well...

The Next Day>>>
Amity Coliseum

"All right, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!" Dr. Oobleck announces. I looked up at the holographic screen and the roulette began.

The roulette started to slow... and eventually comes to a stop. "It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina from Atlas... and her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!" Professor Port announces.

"Would all the combatant please leave the stage!" Professor Port continued as we began to walk off the stage. I patted Pyrrha's shoulder and she looks at me with shock. "Hey, relax. You'll do fine. Don't get to stressed about the other things, okay? It's a festival. Show the crowd what Pyrrha Nikos is made of." I encouraged her.

She nods and shows me her small smile. "Thank you, Y/N. I will do my best to represent Team JNPR." She responds. I gave her a thumbs up and retreated off the battlefield.