Chapter 10

Alex

I've watched enough coming of age movies to never go on a party. It would never end right. It was either we would all get murdered by Ghostface from Scream or we would all get herpes from kissing everyone because of spin the bottle. And somehow, getting herpes scared me more than getting stabbed to death by Ghostface.

Charlie told me to invite all of my friends to come. It wasnt his party though. The host was from Hillcrest High school, a fancy private school in our town.

Clay and Justin couldnt come because of a support group. Zach was absent in school, which made me worry. The last time we talked, we didnt exactly ended on the same note. I tried to shake everything off. I came here to have a good time and to forget.

The smell of alcohol and sweat greeted me and Charlie as we enter the humongous house. The sound of Electronic Dance Music was blaring from all the walls. People were everywhere, some of them were dancing, others were making out.

We were already late but the party was not even close to stopping. We were greeted by a guy. He handed the both of us a red solo cup with beer in it.

"Here you go." The guy said. I havent seen him yet so I assumed he doesnt go to our school. He had wavy hair that fell down on one side of his forehead, he was wearing a black coat. Do fancy people wear coats on parties?

"Im Winston by the way." He shouted, making sure we would hear him despite the loud music.

"Charlie," Charlie took and shook Winston's hand. "And this is Alex, my boyf-"

"Im his friend." I interrupted Charlie before he could slip up.

"Yeah. Friends," Charlie fake chuckled. "Totally."

"Are you the party host?" I asked. With his clothes, he does look like he own the place.

"No," Winston smiled. "Im the host's cousin."

Winston kept refilling our cups. I drank four cups of beer. Charlie had six, he was now on the dance floor dancing with his football teammates.

"So Im guessing you're from Liberty High?" Winston asked, his voice was loud, matching the loud music from the background.

"Yeah." I was sitting on the couch next to him. "What's with the coat?" The alcohol was making me frank.

"It's actually our school uniform." Winston smirked.

"Oh." Now I feel dumb.

His phone rang, he answered it and immediately stood up, panicking. "Alex, I have to go."

"Whats wrong?" I asked. I was actually enjoying talking to him.

"My cousin passed out on the pool," Winston cringed. "His parents would kill me if he dies."

"Go ahead then." I gulped on my beer.

"Dont worry," Winston winked at me playfully. "This wont be the last time you'll see me, Alex."

He went off, leaving me on the couch with a heterosexual couple making out beside me. I looked up at Charlie and he was still dancing with his friends.

I explored the place. It was huge. There were some familiar faces from Liberty High. Some were alien to me. I threw my cup on the trash when I saw Jessica and Ani. Jessica was basically carrying Ani on her shoulder. Ani was sobbing.

"Hey," Ani was drunk. Jessica wasnt. "Whats wrong?"

"She's crying about Clay," Jessica whispered loudly at my ear. "She wants to break up with him."