Chapter 4

Zach

Today I decided to make things right. I had been on a fucking streak when it came to ruining my friendship with my best friend. So I woke up with one goal in my mind, make it up to Alex. Whatever happens today, correcting all of my mistakes was my priority. No but's and no if's.

Yesterday was a wake up call. If i keep letting Alex's feelings overwhelm me, I would eventually lose two things, my friendship with Alex and my sanity.

Get your shit together, Zach. I mumbled to myself as I let the cold shower splash on my whole being. Letting out a loud moan as I quickly feel the water on every corner of my body, waking every cell inside me.

I would be completely honest. I couldnt take off of my mind what I learned from Tony. Charlie, the nicest person on school, gave Alex a ride home. It doesnt sit well with me. Was I afraid of losing my best friend to another person? Who wouldnt be.

But if I fuck one more thing up, Charlie wouldnt be the reason why I would lose Alex. I would be the reason, and if that happens, forgiving myself would be anything but possible.

I directly dressed up after the shower. I wore Alex's gift for me last christmas, a band shirt. A band I havent heard called The Smiths. The shirt was a little too fit on my body but it was nothing I couldnt rock.

Should I bring him a peace offering? Maybe a sandwhich? A Hotdog sandwhich? Alex loves hotdogs. Nevermind. I dont want him to think Im mocking his sexuality by giving him a hotdog. I mean, Alex would totally love my hotdog. That didnt sound right but you know what I mean.

A flower? Alex would hate that and I dont want to give him any impression that could lead him on.

An apple? Okay. It might work. I grabbed a fresh apple from the fridge. An apple a day, hopefully, keeps Charlie St. George away from my best friend.

I already fucked up twice, third time is the charm right?

Alex was standing in front of his locker, he was busy putting his books inside it. I poked his butt, not entirely sure why I did it.

He flinched and dropped some of his books on the floor. Okay maybe poking his butt was not the best introduction, but hey I caught his attention.

"What the fuck?" He sounded pissed, Alex turned around and saw me. He was glaring daggers at me, I could feel every inch of those knives prickle my skin. "What do you want?"

He picked up the books that were now scattered on the floor. I handed him the apple, giving him my best innocent smile.

"What?" Alex looked at the apple and then at me, and then he scowled, his eyebrows were knitted together. "You're not cute."

"A peace offering," I added. "Also, I am cute."

"For what?" He slammed his locker shut but that didnt faze me. Alex was now facing me.

"For yesterday." I swallowed my pride.

"Forgiven."

"What?" What? That was it? Whats the catch?

"I said you're forgiven," Alex rolled his eyes. "Are you deaf or are you dumb?"

"No, I heard you." Alex didnt take the apple as if I was the snake and he was Eve, tempted to bite the apple off of my hand. But he didnt.

"Also why are you wearing that?" Alex started walking, so I walked with him not giving a shit if I bump into anyone. "You dont even listen to The Smiths."

"Yes I do." I bantered.

"No you dont."

"I do."