Chapter 7

For me, no one could beat the warmth and happiness Saturday morning brings. No school, no need to shower and no time limit when it comes to watching porn and jacking off. I sent Charlie a good morning message and a selfie of me lying on my bed, topless and groggy.

I still wanted to sleep for a few more minutes. I placed my phone under my pillow and closed my eyes. I was always a fast sleeper but my extra nap was cut short, I felt the phone under my pillow vibrating.

Charlie probably saw the selfie I sent thats why he was calling. I grabbed my phone, still feeling dizzy from my interrupted nap. I clicked the answer button without even looking at the screen, I was confident it was charlie.

"Hey." Lets get two things straight, Im not and the caller wasnt Charlie.

I wasnt expecting to hear Zach Dempsey's voice. He sounded like he just woke up too. His voice was deep and very manly.

"Did I wake you up?" He followed.

"Uh," I stretched my legs and toes and carefully sat on my bed. "Yeah, but its alright."

"Im sorry," Zach apologized. "Are you free today? You have any plans?"

"None that I know of." I couldnt hang out with Charlie today because of the rescheduled dinner with his dad.

"Want to hang out?" I kinda missed hanging out with Zach.

"Sure," Would Charlie mind? I mean he doesnt even know my situation with Zach. Im sure he wont mind. "Want me to come over?"

"No. I'll come over," I could hear Zach walking from the other line. "Also pepperoni or hawaiian?"

"Pepperoni," I said. I was sure Zach knew I was rolling my eyes as I said that. "You know I hate pineapple on pizzas."

"Pineapple and pizza are the perfect combination," Zach chuckled. "I still have no idea why you hate it."

"Its okay Zach, not everyone can afford having taste." I countered and he just roared with laughter.

He said he would be here in thirty minutes so I had a quick shower, quickly dressed up and cleaned my room. Not that I wanted to impress Zach or anything.

I sprayed a tremendous amount of perfume on myself. Are you sure you dont want to impress Zach? I shook the thought out of my head.

A few minutes had passed and Zach eventually came, with a box of Pizza Hut on his hand. He was wearing a denim jacket, with a white hoodie inside of it. He looked good but I didnt tell him that.

He greeted me with an awkward hug and I greeted him with another one back. He smelled great, as if he spilled a huge amount of cologne on his clothes.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked.

"Video games, duh." He sat on my bed and grabbed one controller and threw another one at me.

We played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on my PS4 for almost an hour while eating pepperoni pizza. Zach and I were very competetive when it comes to video games and Ive been getting more kills than him on our last few games.

"Suck that Zach!" I screamed as the screen showed my name as the player of the game.

"Suck what?" He smirked at me.

"Fuck off." I glared at him.

"Im tired of playing." Zach placed the controller on the floor and snatched a pillow on my bed. He threw it at me, hitting me straight on my face.

"What?" Why is he extra annoying today?

"I listened to the The Smiths playlist you made for me." Zach admitted out of nowhere.

"Oh." I felt my face heat up. I looked at the ceiling, avoiding his gaze.

"Ive been having a hard time sleeping these past few days," I could feel Zach's eyes were still on me. "Your playlist helped me. Its pretty therapeutic."

Why would he listen to the playlist I made for him? I thought he forgot about it and just didnt bother to listen to it.

I felt a sudden rush of longing for my best friend, for Zach.

"Can I tell you something?" I could feel my throat closing, not allowing me to continue what I was going to say.

"Sure, man." Zach said.

"You can't tell anyone okay?" Am I making the right move?

"What? You're gonna confess your love for me?" Zach teased, grinning.

"No, dont be stupid." I shouldnt have said it because Zach's grin disappeared. It was then replaced by a grim expression.

"I was just joking," Zach was waiting for me to tell him. "Just tell me, I wont tell anyone."

"Dont freak out okay," There it goes. The moment of truth. "Im dating Charlie."

"St. George?" I nodded.

I knew Zach, he was my best friend for a reason, and I know that he wasnt the biggest fan of my confession. He looked pissed.

Silence. I was now regretting telling Zach about it. Silence.

"Say something." I said. I didnt like the silence.

"Since when?"

"A few weeks." I revealed.

Zach stood up as if something clicked inside of him. Finally putting each puzzle pieces together.

"Thats why you've been rejecting my offer to drive you home," It wasnt a question, we both knew he was right. "And you didnt really join that christian club?"

I nodded. Looking down. Ashamed of my lies.

"So you lied to me."

Silence. It was too loud, my ears werr bleeding. I couldnt look at Zach.

"Im gonna go."

"Zach."

"Dont worry. I wont tell anyone."

He went out of my room without saying anything else, not one word. He didnt look at me and I didnt look at him. I felt like he was slowly crushing my heart without any reason.

I was confused. Dissppointed. On the verge of crying. I received a text from Charlie saying he just woke up. I didnt text him back.

I didnt do anything for the rest of the day. I just stayed in my room. Continously asking myself what went wrong. Blaming myself for things that I dont have any explanation for. I cried for hours because I felt like I lost Zach Dempsey for the second time around.

-

Another chapter since I couldnt sleep.

I miss my Zalex so much, wanted to make this chapter a little longer but my eyes are so fucking heavy right now. I need sleep.

Also a character is going to come back next chapter. Any guess?

500 reads is too much. Thank you so much guys <3

- G