Chapter 163: No Match Against Flames (EP. 04)

Start from the beginning

Her hand crawled up to his jaw while his own hand climbed to the nape of her neck, allowing his fingers to brush over the clasp of her treasured necklace.

Elsa did not fail to witness the way his smile stretched across his dimples so sweetly.

"You've kissed my tears away countless of times before," Aiden pecked her cheek, "Let me do you now. Please."

Elsa didn't hesitate to permit him in what he desires to do. She surrendered into his arms, her mind growing hazy as he finally gave her the kiss that served as her sweet remedy. She clung to him with her arms instinctively wrapping around his muscled neck.

Their renewed breaths looked like vapor after they finally parted from each other. The cold collided with heat, and Aiden found himself yearning for more of his wife.

"P-please," She whimpered into his neck, "Make me forget."

You will, snowflake. You will, soon enough.

An unyielding knock rapped against the door, and Magoo quickly twisted the knob and allowed the Captain of the Guard to enter the room with a docile salute. Aiden's embrace around his wife tightened as a form of bracing themselves for the information Lars will be corroborating.

"The ball has been announced finished by sir Kai a couple of hours ago. Our guests have retired to their respective rooms and has no knowledge regarding the... unpleasant incident. Private Sigrid and Lieutenant Matthias are currently tending to Prince Elgon and as you have instructed us, your majesty, he is not to enter the castle without your authorization."

Aiden's frown broadened. "And what of his objectives? Have you learned at least one thing concerning his goals?"

Lars tried to conceal his uneasy expression from quirking his face yet visibly failed, "I'm afraid not, sire. The old devil—er, I mean, Count Peter not so gently demanded us to be meek and unassuming with Prince Elgon and gave us a pointless ten minute ramble about Arendelle's reputation to Draven being wrinkled by a minor misunderstanding."

At the mention of the arrogant Count, the fire king's fury turned more precise. "That little son of a—" It only took one zap of ice to cut off her husband's incongruous sentence. Seemingly recovering, Elsa cleared her throat to clear the unbecoming tension, "Where are the rest of the family?"

"Stabilizing Princess Anna, your Majesty."

As if on cue, a certain fuming ginger clad in her night gown stormed inside the infirmary. Anna was clearly scowling her knuckles were terrifyingly present since her fists are clenched. Her turquoise blue eyes promoted absolute fury. It never truly was a good sign to see an angry pregnant woman.

"WHERE'S THE CREEP?!" Her head whirled left and right in search, "YOU BETTER GET ME THAT DONKEY PRINCE OR I'M GETTING AIDEN'S SWORD!"

"The creep is banned from entering the castle," Aiden quipped, "Until further notice, I do not know how to dispose him. Yet."

"Nobody's killing anyone," Elsa sharply glanced at both her younger sister and her husband, "I have made my decision to send out a letter to King Magnus about his son's... inexcusable deed."

"I was freaking worried sick!" Anna seethed, "There were already ideas popping in my head of what could've happened to you. Mama was so angry papa had to lock the door, and mama Helena's hands were literally burning," She adopted a breath before continuing her rant, "And then there's Aiden. Elsa, you wouldn't want to ask."

"W-what did you do?" Elsa tittered nervously as she drifted her anxious gaze to the man beside her.

"To be accurate," The General of Arendelle ruefully spoke, "Prince Elgon ended up with severely injured ribs, a black eye, and a broken nose."

Elsa's expression twists into one of shock, "Lover, it's not that I don't appreciate your... defensive actions, but are you trying to uplift a war between Arendelle and Draven?"

"Aiden wasn't being violent," Elsa instantly glared at Anna and urged her to correct herself, "Er, I mean, he wasn't being too violent, but anyone would have done the same thing."

"I agree," A new voice chimes, and the voice belonged to a flickering Phoenix, "I could have burned the jerk alive, for all I care."

"Ah, Cyra," Magoo greeted, "Done with your evening rounds?" The fire bird could only answer with a curt nod, "I've kept a close eye on the Dravenian ship and nothing funny is happening inside. Just a brutally beaten prince resting in bed."

Aiden groaned. "Was I that bad?"

"Oh ho, we had to strain you from completely murdering him," Anna folded her arms as she sat down next to her older sister, "You better be grateful he didn't press any charges against you, suspiciously enough."

"We need to learn more of his objectives," The fire king silently sucked in a breath, "Let's not forget about the fact that he's Ignaeran, Elsa. Let's not lower our guards."

"About this Ignaera subject," Magoo cuts in, "Somebody explain what the hell does that mean."

"Lecture me out on that, too," Anna sheepishly grins, "I know a few things but someone needs to straighten some stuff up. If discussing it have to be in secret then my lips are sealed."

"I think it's best mama Helena can cover that part of the explaining for us," Elsa yawns tiredly, "I'm exhausted."

"As am I," Aiden agrees, "Let's all go to bed and retire for the night. Anna, Magoo, proceed to the library. Mama usually likes to work on her drafts there."

"Goodnight, Els," Anna presses a kiss on her sister's cheek. Elsa smiles and hugged her in return.

And the night went on, without any of them knowing a certain prince's final formulating scheme.

To be continued
on the next chapter...

A/N: Eyy! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Things are heating up. Question for today:

"What is the most heartwarming scene in Frozen III: The Queen and I for you?"

If you have any suggestions on what should happen next, feel free to comment! ♥️♥️♥️ I'll gladly take them in and see what I can do.