[ Chapter 30 - 65th Anniversary ]

Start from the beginning

There were still a few other concerns but those were much easier to handle. I was about to leave the office when I got a call from Tony. 

"We found the gunner and he has been detained. Chase is already working on the case so I don't expect him to get out of his cell soon. I got the other information on the gunner, should we meet before I head back to Valenzuela?" 

"Sure, I just finished a meeting, should we have early lunch then? I know a good place at 14th street."

"I'll meet you there."

I ended the call and sent him the location to the restaurant I was talking about. 

Lucy's is a modern restaurant that was one of my old projects. I always come here to eat not because it was one of the old projects but due to how scrumptious and unique the food is. 

To my surprise, we were given a VIP room when the head chef found out that I was going to dine there. Booking a reservation was difficult enough so I was astonished that the VIP room was vacant for us to use. I was glad it was given to us, it made it easier for Tony and me to converse privately. 

"How were you guys able to track him?" 

"The bullet he used, it had the insignia of the Jones, which means that they bought it a long time ago when Abigail's family was still a mafia," he started. 

"I asked Ace to talk to Abigail about it and since they keep files on the people they used to sell to, the rest of the tracking was easy," he took a sip of his water.

"The Jones gave you the file, voluntarily?" I asked. 

 "Honestly, no. Abigail was the one who sneaked it out," he replied and I nodded. I made a mental note to thank Abigail on a later date. 

"Who is he? Do we know him?" I asked. 

"He used to be one of the security guards in the Jones Mansion, now he is a freelancer which is probably why he took on the job when it was offered to him, again, just like the fake bomb, it was from an anonymous person," he sighed. "We couldn't squeeze any information from him because he himself does not know who hired him."

"Couldn't he be lying?" 

"No, initially I thought he was too so I looked into where he had gone the previous days and who he had met but there was no one suspicious. I even checked his telephone records and his phone logs," he sighed. 

The food arrived, we were midway eating when I continued the topic, "Do they know that we are pressing a file against them? Is that why they are trying to harm me?  If that was the case, why don't they do the same thing to Ace?"

He laughed a little, "Woah there, are you that bitter?"