"oh I'm sorry to hear. And no I haven't heard about it, pardon me but I'm not big on homicide news, I just stick to the business side of the press, you can imagine why." I'm not really lying I haven't seen the news yet since I was busy from morning and to be honest I wasn't really expecting them to find her this soon.

Of course doesn't make any difference though. I already knew they'd be coming to me sooner or later. I planned it that way.

"well anyway, as I told you, a girl was found dead in her house last evening, however according to the coroner's office she's been dead since the night before last, instead of when she was actually found. That's where you come into the story Ford. " he was eyeing me; it was pretty clear he was watching my reactions very close to see how I would react to hearing my involvement in the case.

Now comes the actual game. If I act nervous it'll be obvious that I'm somehow involved in this murder, which wouldn't be entirely wrong to assume; however that's what I don't want them to think. And if I act a little too stoic of the matter and behave like I have no interest than that would hint towards that I may be trying too hard to not let anything slip so they wouldn't suspect me which would only pike their interest towards me which again I don't want because although I know this is what I brought on me myself, that's only because I wanted to add some spice in life, live a little danger, fly a little close to the sun, however it doesn't mean getting myself burnt to a fucking crisp into it or give myself ulcers.

"I come into the story of her murder too?" I asked with a little surprise. I guess that's the way to go, not too nervous not to stoic, just enough curiosity to maintain a normal, healthy human behavior and not that of a murdering psychopath. Of course not that I consider myself as a psychopathic killer cause I'm not a killer, I don't murder people for trivial purposes, I simply take their insignificant lives because I can, I have been given the power and ability to do so and there's nothing more beautiful than taking back a life simply for no reason when it was given for no purpose either.

"Is she someone I know? If she's one of my employees Lt. then I'm sorry to say I may not be able to be of help as much since I have thousands of employees around the globe, I can't really know them all you see" I said with a hint of disappointment in my voice.

"she wasn't directly in your employment, Mr. Zoldyck, however she was involved with someone you are in business with." I rose my eyebrows at his statement for him to keep going, I knew that wasn't it.

"do you know Fredrick Fecinilli? We believe you were in some business with him?" he enquired.

"I wouldn't call it business yet, I've been considering of increasing my exports to Italy and that's where he comes in place; though nothings final yet. Why is that of any relevance of here?" I asked him this time. This game of 20 questions is now boring me out, honestly.

"The girl that died is actually Jenna Deniro, a famous Italian model and she was the fiancé of Fredrick Fecinilli." I portrayed a tone of surprise on my features.

"what? Oh that's so awful to hear, poor girl. I should pay my condolences to Fredrick, don't you think?"

"I'm afraid that's not gonna be possible for now, Mr. Zoldyck. Moving on, our main reason to be here is that we wanted to ask you a few questions about Jenna Deniro, I hope that's ok with you? But can I ask how well did you know her personally?" he asked again with that scrutiny shining bright in his eyes. I wonder if he knows how readable his eyes are and that anybody could see as clear as a day that he was analyzing them; it's also equally possible that it's just me; I am after all fairly decent at reading people. Especially his kind; the righteous, moral ones, you know.

Again I have to answer with caution. I know he knows something and is just asking me that to know what I say in return. Its pretty basic procedure for the police detectives to retrace the steps of their victims; and to know the hours right before the murder is crucial for starting an investigation.

Now where were you just hours before your departure Jenna? Oh yeah, with me! In a very public hotel having drinks on a bar in front of a bartender who was clearly eavesdropping on our conversation. Now I wouldn't call myself a genius by assuming somebody talked to that bartender and now probing me to see if I lie or not.

I was the last person she was seen talking to before her death. Wow now that is what I was looking for; riveting.

"I didn't know her that well on personal level, I only just met her two nights ago for the first time. I didn't know she was Fredrick's fiancé or anyone's fiancé, immediately and she didn't tell me either. So I think you can imagine how my meeting with her must have gone, she is- was a beautiful woman after all and lonely, I saw my chance and I decided to take it. However as soon as I found out she was someone else's I left. Then I never saw her again. You say she was killed that very night?" I said with a hint of sorrow to show that I did feel upset hearing bout he death. It was better to tell him of the kind of conversation she and I had, myself because I'm pretty sure that bar tender already told them of my cozying up to her that night. I don't wanna give them any reason to believe I'm trying to hide it for some reason, or think I had an ulterior motive of being that way with her, which I clearly did.

"Yes we believe she was killed just few hours after she left from the hotel. Can you tell us where you were that night around midnight, Ford?" he asked. I think he already knows where I was because he must have talked to Fredrick; after all he is their main suspect. If not, then you better forget about my donations, Richards.

"I was actually here in my office. I had a meeting with Fredrick around 11, so I came straight here after I left the hotel." It's going a planned so far.

"Did Fredrick show up for his meeting with you, Ford? If he did, can you tell us how he was behaving during that time with you?" he asked straightening in his chair a little.

"Yeah, he did and we discussed some business but now that I think of it he did seemed abit on edge, like perspirating more than usual and kept fumbling with his suit jacket, looked almost nervous. So I ended the meeting after a few minutes; I can't tolerate when someone's not giving me their hundred percent and It was clear his head was elsewhere." He did show up but it's obvious the rest is all made up. Sorry Fred.

"Can I ask why are you interrogating me and about my meeting with Fredrick, lieutenant?" that's it, it's gone far too long with their questions, I've had enough! Nah I'm kidding, I'm honestly enjoying being under scrutiny of this guy. If I successfully pull this off, It would mean I've not only controlled the cops but also this lieutenant Richards who clearly thinks he's smart enough to see beyond of what I want them to see.

Pfft! Who am I kidding, I'm definitely gonna pull this off. There never happened a case where I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Nobody ever outsmarted me and never could.

I am the world's apex predator. No one can even come close to me, let alone catch me.

"it's because you are under arrest Mr. Zoldyck."

What the actual fuck?

------------------

The next update Is coming soon. I just wanted to leave with cliff hanger lol. I'm already working on the next update so it shouldn't take long. Think of I as a part one of chapter 3.