lxxxiv

"hi baby." jisung's voice was soothing to minho's ears, his body instantly relaxing as the sound of it.

"hi ji," min responds. he was in charge of getting the dance studio he worked at ready for young teens and kids who came in the afternoon, so he was only half paying attention to jisung.

"what're you up to?" jisung pouts, noticing the way minho wasn't fully concentrated on him.

"just work things. i'm working double shift today and boss told me to make sure everything was set," min explains as he locks the door to the storage cabinet.

"can't you take a break? i miss you."

"i would love to but my cats have got to eat somehow."

jisung frowns at the statement. why wouldn't minho just ask him for money. he was there for him. "i can buy the cat food if needed, min."

"not necessary," minho says, setting his phone on a random counter. he starts to fill a small cooler with water bottles and ice- it was for the teenagers that took his late night class. "you don't even know what kind of food they eat."

"well i could buy your food and you could buy their food. i'm sure i can guess you like." jisung suggests, fiddling with the wire of his earbuds.

"i'm goo-"

"dammit minho, accept my help!" jisung yells, fist slamming into the table he was sat at. thank god he was alone.

minho remains quiet, but his heart was racing. he didn't want jisung's help. last time he asked for help, it came and bit him in the ass. "i'm fine, jisung. stop treating me like a fucking charity case."

"you aren't a char-"

"i've got to go." minho cuts jisung off. "goodbye."

"wait mi-"

minho ends the call and turns his phone on dnd. he could feel his heart beat faster and he slides down against the wall. "fuck."