Chapter 33

two years later..

"i'll see you tonight then." taehyung said as he kissed jungkook's forehead before walking out the door with jimin who was visiting.

taehyung was supposedly, going with jimin to help him pick a ring for his boyfriend, but it was the other way around. taehyung was the one buying a ring. he's gonna propose to jungkook on their date night later this week.

"ah i can't believe i'm actually doing this." taehyung said as they walked together to the jewellery shop. "me too. i'm sure he'll say yes! god i'm so happy for you, finally manning up and deciding to marry him, hmm?"
taehyung chuckled before replying, "shut up."

on the other side, jungkook was going with his dad to the jewellery shop out of town. why? because he knew taehyung was going with jimin and there's no way he's risking seeing taehyung while looking for a ring. oh right, jungkook's gonna propose too. and he decided to take his dad with him because he's been there before, twice, so he can definitely help.

jungkook and namjoon went inside the shop, the man behind the counter smiling instantly at them. "good morning, what can i help you with?"
"good morning. ah- i'm looking for a ring. wedding ring? uh i-" jungkook was nervous if anything.

the man laughed lightly, "of course! maybe you can tell me what she's like and i can help you pick the perfect ring for her." he suggested and jungkook shook his head lightly, "for him." he corrected and the man was quick to apologise, "right sorry, it's just out of habit. tell me what he's like then?"

jungkook smiled before nodding, "he's beautiful, very beautiful and uh he likes simple things like nothing over the top. he's also very soft and sweet. i don't know, does that help?" jungkook chuckled nervously while the man smiled at the way jungkook's eyes shined as he talked about his boyfriend.

"sure it helped, let me show you these ones, simple and very elegant." the man said as he showed jungkook the rings, his eyes widening because they were all beautiful and he didn't know what to pick.

namjoon was looking around for a gift for his wife too. his eyes landed on a couple of rings before he saw one that instantly reminded him of taehyung, "jungkook, come look at this."
jungkook went over and immediately touched the same ring, "this is so taehyung, isn't it dad?" namjoon nodded at that.

he took the ring in his hand and looked at it before smiling widely, "this is the one, i'll take this ring." he said and saw the man nodding, "i'm sure your boyfriend will love it." the man said as he took the ring to put it in its box.

now back to taehyung, the man was being very picky in choosing a ring. he liked them but they didn't scream jungkook, as he said.

"god jimin you're supposed to help me." taehyung whined when he saw jimin looking around the store and not helping him anymore. "you literally don't like anything i show you taehyung, maybe we should come back tomorrow, it's getting late already."

"no way, i'm not going back without a ring." taehyung pouted before he heard the woman behind the counter calling for him, "look at these sir, they're new." and then finally his eyes fell on a ring he thought jungkook would love.

later that day, taehyung walked home and hid the ring in a drawer they never opened, and when jungkook came back, while taehyung was showering, he hid the ring in the cereal box that taehyung hated.

the week passed very slowly if you asked jungkook and taehyung, but finally their date night is tonight.

"let's go baby." jungkook said as he took taehyung's hand in his after kissing the latter's temple.
the two arrived at their favourite restaurant, and ordered their favourite dishes and had so much fun throughout the night. their dates were always fun and special for the two of them.

after that, you guessed it, they were at the park they always end up at, sitting on their bench as they looked at stars. "did you have fun tonight petal?" jungkook tried to start a conversation to rid him of the nerves he's feeling. "it was amazing. i feel like tonight is special somehow." taehyung replied, touching the ring box that was sitting in his pocket, before looking at jungkook who now held the ring box in front of taehyung while getting down on one knee. "oh my god." taehyung said as he felt tears quickly rush into his eyes. "no way." he said again and jungkook just smiled at him before his eyes widened when taehyung also took the box from his pocket to show it to the younger. "you're kidding, right?" jungkook asked taehyung who quickly shook his head before pulling jungkook up to hug him. jungkook hugged back, smiling like an idiot before pulling away to talk, "but like i prepared a really good speech, wanna hear it?" taehyung chuckled softly as he nodded.

jungkook sat back up next to taehyung, the ring in his hand as he started talking, "kim taehyung, you're perfect, you might not think you are, but to me, you're perfect in every way possible. you're everything i've ever wanted, you make me happier than i ever thought i'd be. you're my person, taehyung. i know i do a lot of stupid shit sometimes, but not once did i intend on hurting you because you.. you make me feel warm and complete. i want to be the one stuck with your horrible jokes and really annoying snores." he stopped for a minute when he heard taehyung chuckling as he did.

"i want to be the one to wake up with you everyday, and the one that grows old with you. because not only are you my lover, but you're also my best friend, and a parent to me sometimes." he sniffled a little before going on, "we have our ups and downs, but my love for you will never change. i want to be with you, raise kids with you, and i wanna be able to hold your hand tightly when we're in the hospital room. i wanna live my life knowing i was married to the love of my life. so kim taehyung, will you marry me?"

taehyung, with tears in his eyes, nodded quickly before throwing himself at jungkook who hugged him tightly, "i love you so much."
taehyung smiled through his tears, "i love you so much more jungkook."