Chapter 12

jungkook was the first to wake up the next morning, he looked down at taehyung's pouty lips as he slept and smiled to himself before kissing the older's forehead.

taehyung stirred in his sleep before slowly opening his eyes, "good morning." he said smiling. "good morning petal." jungkook replied.

"i'd carry you to the kitchen and make you breakfast if there wasn't an unwanted guest outside that door." jungkook said before taehyung lightly hit him on the chest, "don't be like that, jimin isn't that bad."

"isn't that bad my ass. who breaks up with someone through a note left on the bed? that's disgusting and stupid." jungkook said as he rubbed his eyes.

taehyung shook his head, "that was something terrible of him to do, i know. but other than that he's a really nice guy. so don't be so mean to him."

jungkook looked at him, "i can't believe you're defending him."
"i'm not defending him! i'm just saying he isn't as bad as you think he is. he's done one bad thing against millions of other good things, i can't just hate him so easily." taehyung responded but that made jungkook upset as he stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom.

a few minutes later, jungkook walked out of the bathroom dressed back in his clothes, "if you like him that much, why don't you spend today with him alone? i'm leaving." jungkook said before walking out of the room straight to the front door before bumping into jimin, "good mor-" jimin started but was cut off by jungkook, "fuck off." was the only thing jungkook said before leaving.

"is everything okay?" jimin asked once he seen taehyung, "it's alright, don't worry about it." taehyung said as he walked back to his room.

30 minutes later taehyung walked out all dressed and ready to head out, "i'm going to work, i'll see you later." he said before jimin stopped him, "can i come along? i don't have anything to do before 3pm and i don't wanna stay here alone." jimin asked and taehyung simply nodded before opening the door and walking with jimin to work.

when they arrived, taehyung was surprised to see that jungkook has already opened the shop, customers already sitting around their tables for breakfast. he didn't realise he was that late.

"i didn't know jungkook works here." jimin commented but taehyung only hummed. "you can stay here." taehyung pointed at the chair next to the counter where jungkook works.

jungkook briefly looked at the two walking in together before he turned his head and continued doing his job. taehyung definitely felt guilty, but what was he supposed to do?

when there wasn't much customers left, taehyung walked up to jungkook, "can we talk?" he asked softly. "not with him here." jungkook turned his head towards jimin before looking down at the cup in his hand.

"hey, jimin, can you cover for us please? just five minutes." taehyung said and pulled jungkook with him to the back room once he heard jimin mumble a 'sure'.

"what's wrong with you? you're acting like a kid." taehyung raised his voice a little and jungkook chuckled dryly, "no matter what i do, you'll always see me as a kid taehyung. do you even love me?"

"that's not true! i don't see you as a kid! you're my man jungkook. it's true i treated you like a kid at first but that changed, you made me love you, despite of the age gap between us. and i'm glad i did, i don't listen to what people have to say and trust me, i do know whenever people are whispering ugly things about us when we passby and i also know how you try to distract me from it thinking i didn't hear them! but i do! i always do! though i don't care anymore. you know why? because you make it up to me every damn time by being the sweetest person ever, by whispering in my ears things i love to hear, by kissing me every chance you get, by showing me you love me every single minute of every single day. and you just make me love you no matter what people think about us! so don't you dare question my love for you. and why? because i refused to say anything bad about jimin! i'm not that kind of person who badmouths someone because of something in the past, so please don't expect me to be."

jungkook stood there stunned by the other's words, "t-taehyung i-" he started before shaking his head, "i'm sorry, i didn't mean that. i guess i was just jealous, but there's no reason for me to be. i'm sorry, i love you taehyung, please don't cry." jungkook cupped the older's cheeks before bringing his head to his chest, "it's okay baby, don't cry." he said as he kissed taehyung's hair.