18: Much more to the story

Start from the beginning

"I mean no." Stiles snaps back sarcastically, "You wanna hear it in Spanish? No."

"Look, uh..." Paige walks in between them with a sigh as she tries to think of what to say or at least try to help Stiles, "Derek killed... three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with."

"His dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department." Jackson barked over at her, which made Paige shut her mouth tightly, "Call him."

Lydia took out her own phone, "I'm calling."

"No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec-"

Paige stopped him before he could go after Lydia, she placed a hand on his chest, "Hey... Don't."

Stiles stepped back from her and threw his arms up in the air. He breathed in deeply and placed his hands on his hips as he tried to remain calm.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills high school. We're trapped, and we need to-" Lydia halted, "But-" She gasps and pulls her phone away from her ear, "She hung up on me."

Allison looked shocked, "The police hung up on you?"

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school." Lydia sighs and shoves her phone into her pocket, "She said if I called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested."

"Okay-" Allison says, "Then call them again."

"There's no point in calling them again." Paige sighs softly and runs a hand through her hair, "And I'm not just saying this so you won't."

"She's right." Stiles agrees with her, which happens on a rare occasion, "They won't trace a cell and they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

"What the-what-" Allison tried to keep her cool but she was laughing nervously, "What is this? Why does Derek want to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?"

Scott then noticed that everyone was looking his way, this even included Paige and Stiles, "Why's everyone looking at me?"

"Is he the one that sent her the text?"

"No." Scott winced a little bit, "I mean, I don't know."

"Is he the one that called the police?"

"I don't know!"

Paige quickly jumps in, "All right, why don't we just calm down, yeah?"

Stiles nodded his head, "Yeah, let's just take a moment, all right?"

Paige pulls Scott along with her in the cafeteria so they were out of hearing distance, "Scott..."

"Okay, first off-" Stiles says while joining them in their little trio corner, "Throwing Derek under the bus, nicely done."

"Not nicely done." Paige hisses in a whisper in a scowl, "What do you say if Derek is alive and not dead? We just made him a criminal."

"It's not as though he isn't a criminal."

"I didn't know what to say." Scott admits to Paige, mainly to Paige because he knew she was actually upset, "I had to say something. And if he's dead then it doesn't matter, right? Except if he's not. Oh, God, I totally just bit her head off."

"And she'll totally get over it." Stiles waves off his concern with his own, since this involved the entire group, "Bigger issues at hand here, like how do we get out alive?"

"But we are alive." Paige points out to them, "It could've killed us already. It's like it cornered us or something like that."

"So what-" Stiles asks while crossing his arms over his chest, "He wants to eat us all at the same time?"