Chapter 29🖤

Assalam lovelies... How're y'all doing?

✨💛
May God continue to bless your heart.

Vote. Comment. Share.

******

M U N A A R

The skies were immensely dark, tiny sparkles of the stars sparsely dotted, here and there. Sometimes I wonder if the starts do fall asleep.

The night was silent, peaceful. I looked over at him, as he gobbled up the Burabusko da miyan kupewa and chilled zobo drink I served him.

He smiled at me. And that was my cue to Start talking.

"Thank God you're here, wallah I've never been more bored in my life..... I'm like alone almost all the time fah... Just my phone and TV to keep me company" I ranted and fold my arms.

"How so? What about Adda Hafsie and Maami?" He calmly asked and took a sip of the zobo.

"Maami is always at the market and the lazy Mai jego is always sleeping. Oh Lawd, the only thing I do I take care of YasRah when needed cause the nanny does everything. Can you believe Maami still thinks I'm a child, she doesn't like letting me bath the babies" I whined like a small girl.

"Well aren't you one?" He said and chuckled.

"What did you say?! Could you be more elaborate please. What makes you think so?" I asked, eyes wide, mouth agape.

"Aren't you a child?.... And there's no way a child can take care of another child" he chuckled again and that annoyed me.

"I beg your pardon, but I will not sit back and watch you say that. You're talking with a woman here. I am not a child. And I can pretty much take care of a child cause I'm not one" I stopped to release a breath.

"And for your information, I'm a grown woman with a husband, and I cater for all his needs. I can also have my own kid so what makes you think I cannot take proper care of a mere little baby?"

"You cater all his needs? And you can have your own kids? With your husband?" He asked With a smirk. And only then did I notice the double meaning behind those words. And I felt hot. So hot.

All over.

I stood up to pack the used dishes cause he was done eating, and I needed something to take my mind off him for a moment.

"Stay here, I'll put the plates in the kitchen" came his low raspy voice. He stopped me. I didn't protest. Not that I didn't want to, but I couldn't. My tongue was tied.

I watched his back disappear into the kitchen door. I released a long breath I didn't know I was holding.

I brought out my phone and played some music, then plopped my earpiece. I silently hummed to the tune. I didn't notice when he came back and sat opposite me.

I tried to avoid eye contact but my eyes betrayed me. They trained themselves accurately on his own shady dark orbs.

"Reina what're you listening to?" He asked. I smiled. I wanted to tease him a little.

"Music"

"I know it's music Reina " he said like it was the most obvious thing..."Which song?" He asked then chuckled. I smile.

"Dusk till Dawn" I say. And remove the earpiece. Won't he just let me listen to my music in peace???

"Sia and Zayn.... it's nice" he said and I hummed.

Peaceful silence followed.

Out if the blue he asked.

"Let's dance Reina " he said. I abruptly raise my head. My eyes as wide as saucers.