Chapter 20

Jeongyeon pov

I couldn't concentrate in this afternoon class. I felt my eyes getting heavy. Chaeyoung nudged my elbow.

"Don't sleep" she whispered. I nodded in response. I just have to wait for like 20 minutes more. I can do this.

~20 minutes later~

"Class dismissed"

I stretched my arms and yawned. I looked at Chaeyoung and she's sleeping peacefully. Wow she's the one who told me not to sleep earlier.
I tapped her shoulder a few times then she woke up.

She rubbed her eyes and looked at her surroundings. "It's done?" she asked.

"Yeah"

We grabbed our bags and went outside. I got startled when I saw Jinyoung standing there.

"Hey" He greeted.

"You can go first" I whispered to Chaeyoung then she walked away looking for the others.

"I was thinking if we could go to a Cafe"he said.

"We could" I smiled at him.

~At the cafe~

I ordered iced Americano and a chocolate cupcake. He ordered vanilla latte and blueberry cheesecake. We started to eat.

"I almost fell asleep during our Math class" he said and laughed.

"Me too"

"You know what Jackson's face was so funny. He was trying so hard not to sleep. I even took a picture!" he continued. He has always been like that. He usually talks about how his day went and everything, it's not that I'm complaining. It's just he never asks how I was. Who am I even to him, right?

He kept talking about what happened to him then he suddenly stopped and he stared at my lips.

"You have a frosting on your lips" he pointed at me and laughed. He took a table napkin and gave it to me. I quickly took the napkin from his hand and used it to wipe my lips.

"Is it gone?" I asked.

"Yeah"he replied and continued laughing. I was expecting him to wipe it off for me just like Jimin does. Jimin doesn't even tell me when there's something on my face. He just wipes it off when he sees it.

"Then during lunch, Yugyeom was so cute"he continued.

After a while, he kept talking about his day and I like it when he feels comfortable talking to me but today I wasn't even listening to him. I'm smiling and nodding but my mind is off somewhere far away.

"It was hilarious, right?" he asked.

"Uh Y-yeah"I replied and faked a smile. I'm actually exhausted now.

"I think I should go" I said.

"Oh sure. I have to meet up with Jabeom too"he said and stood up. We went outside.

"I'm going now. See you tomorrow"he waved his hand. I pouted at the thought he's not walking me home. I sighed. I started walking on my own.

I spotted Jimin at the park. Maybe I should approach him. I ran to him and covered his eyes with my hands.

"Jeongyeon" he called and removed my hands from his eyes.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"It's obvious" he replied and I laughed.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I saw you so I decided to approach you" I smiled.

"I was with Jinyoung by the way.." I said and I noticed his expression changed.

"He told me about his day and we went to a ca-"

"Why are you always talking about him!? All I hear from you is his name" he snapped. His gaze was different.

"I'm sorry"I apologized. He sighed and pushed back his hair with his hands.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I was just stressed out lately" he explained. I rubbed his back.

"I kept on feeling things I shouldn't feel" he added and looked down. Maybe he has a fever.

"That's okay. You'll be fine soon"I assured him. I placed my head on his forehead to check if he's hot. He flinched because of my actions but I did it anyway. I saw his cheeks turned into reddish color.

"Oh my gosh you're turning red!" I worried. He widened his eyes touched his cheeks which I find adorable.

"I'm going now" he said and walked away immediately but I followed him.

"What if you collapse or something?"I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine"he smiled.

"I'll go with you until you reach your dorm. No buts!" I said and linked my arms into his. He removed my arms and placed his hands on his pocket.

"Thank you for your concern but I'm really fine" he said.

"If you say so" I shrugged my shoulders.

A/N:
Hi! I'm not sure if I could update tomorrow because of school works again :(( but I'll try my best and thank you for reading!
I hope you guys are alright and remember to stay safe❤️