Intoxicated

~Kiss me like you wanna be loved. This feels like falling in love.~

Chapter Theme Song: 'Kiss Me' by Ed Sheeran.

••

Rainey

Ansel's eyes are positioned on me while he plays the guitar, each string bringing forth a soft melodic sound that soothes the atmosphere of the club. His knees are splayed while the base of the guitar rests on his thigh, his hand skillfully plucking the threads while he smiles at me. Emma is singing her heart out while she periodically glances at him; I do not think she notices where his focus lies at all.

"Ansel is so talented." Riley smiles, slightly swaying to the rhythm while we sit in one of the booths. Alex has an arm around her, occasionally biting her ear or fiddling with her earring while she tries to pry him off with a red face.

"Ansel is the epitome of perfection!" A body flumps down next to me, a trace of coconut filling my sense of smell as Tim turns his face to grin at me.

I smile in amazement. "What are you doing here?"

He braces against the seat, rubbing his thigh. "Emma is my sister, and this is my brother's club."

"Really?" I cock my head, and he smirks. "Yeah, really. What?"

"Nothing, it's just a small world."

I notice that Alex is now nestling his face into Riley's neck; the two getting a bit intimate in the corner of the booth. I decide on giving them some space and look back to Tim.

"So, do you perform here too?"

"Nah, I'm not an 'art' guy. I'm more into coffee and beverages."

"I figured that much." I simper.

"So, you are all hanging out here tonight."

"Yeah, we came here straight from the mall."

"Oh. A Date. I see." He smirks with a cheeky glint and my face tinges red.

"I'll share a secret with you." He shifts in his spot, gesturing that I bring my ear closer. I lean into his direction and he drops his voice. "If you guys are going to drink tonight, ensure Ansel doesn't get drunk."

He backs up proudly as if he just shared with me valuable information, and I squint my eyes in utter confusion. "Huh?"

He moves in again. "Alright do not tell him that I told you but when Ansel gets drunk you won't be able to handle him. He'll be a bit...out of control." He whispers the last part with a quite dramatic face and my befuddlement worsens as I blink at him.

"I'm sorry I don't think I-I'm not getting it—"

"You're not getting it-okay-you two are dating now, right?"

I nod.

"Then just don't be alone in a room with him, he's not himself when he's intoxicated. He'll probably talk a great deal or be a lot more sexual than usual and—"

"Tim, you're here."

Tim snaps his lips together at the presence of Ansel, who rests his guitar on the table of the booth and points his thumb behind him. "Emma is around the back; she was just asking for you."

"Yeah, I have some stuff to give to her." Tim then smiles and discreetly gives me a look of caution as he slides out of the booth.

What on earth did he mean?

"Hey..." Ansel sits in Tim's previous spot, planting a kiss on my cheek. "You okay?"

I smile, my face coloring pink from his sudden affection. "Yeah, Uhm, you know I was thinking that I'd do the poem piece...if the spot is still open."