Girl Code

~Changes, they might drive you half-insane, but it'skilling you to stay the same. But it's all gonna work out, it's all gonna work out someday. Moments, livin' with your eyes half-open, you've been thinking 'bout these changes. It's all gonna work out, it's all gonna work out someday~ Lauv.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Changes' by Lauv.

°°

Rainey

I lay onto my back, staring up at the crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling while the stereo blasts the song 'Changes′ by Lauv. The orange glow from the setting sun seeps through the creases of my window, aiding in my meditation; however, it is quickly interrupted when my phone dings from the bedside table. I reach for it, sliding it open to discover a text from an unknown number.

Hey, sexy.

-Unknown.

Narrowing my eyes, I quickly type a response.

Who is this and how did you get my number?

-Rainey

In no time, my cell vibrates with another text, and I waste no time to have a look at it.

Jace. My aunt is the school's headmistress, so it's not hard work to attain your file, babe.

-Jace

He keeps calling me babe, and it's so annoying. I roll my eyes, priming my lips as I aggressively type a response.

Fuck off.

-Rainey

A loud bang sounds at my door and I quickly block the creep's number, throwing the phone aside before getting up. I open the door, then immediately regret it when I see Jeff.

"Can you turn your fucking music down? Are you going deaf?"

"What is it?" I hiss.

"Your little friend is banging my gate down and it's annoying. Try to make her go away or you won't like what I do."

"Who, Riley? Why didn't you let her in?!"

"I will not be letting her in; she's not allowed in here. She's a bad influence and your mom doesn't like her very much."

"Get out of my way! I fucking hate you..." I motion to push past him, but Riley is already coming up the stairs. She's sighing tiredly while nonchalantly brushing her leather jacket off. "Damn, it's a lucky thing I know how to jump a wall."

Jeff gawks at her petite figure in awe. His mouth opens then closes, as he tilts his head to the side.

The thing with Riley is, she never takes no for an answer.

She looks up, smiling menacingly at him. "What? I know how to pick a lock too." She slips a tiny pink pocketknife from her jeans, waving it in front of his face.

A huge grin shapes my lips as Jeff curses under his breath and walks off.

"Yeah, bring some weed for me, will 'ya?!" She calls after him, shaking her head. "He's such a wuss."