Chapter Four

Mulai dari awal

"Okay but what's up with you girl?" Namiko asked.

"I'm just tired, that's all. I've been up for two nights trying to finish that research paper." Ember says truthfully. It wasn't that far in the school year and she already had a shit load of work to do.

"See, Mrs. Baker be tripping with all that work. I thought that wasn't due until next month anyways." Namiko said.

Ember nodded, "It's not but she said early turns ins is extra credit."

"Well shit, you want to write mine for me?" Namiko asked.

Ember looked at Namiko as if she were out of her mind, "Girl hell no. It's already complicated finding sources for my topic."

Namiko kissed her teeth, "You tripping."

"Been tripping all night." Madison mumbled.

"Madison do you have something to get off your chest?" Ember asked her.

"Uht uht, what's going on here?" Namiko questioned her eyes still glued to the road as she drove down Ember's empty street.

"I was asking Malik about Adonis and Ember called me thirsty right in front of him." Madison said.

"I didn't call you thirsty."

"Yes you did." Madison turned to look back at Ember.

"Ember..." Namiko started.

"I just told her that she needed some water. Madison you never go so hard for any guy the way that you were doing tonight. It did make you look thirsty. What's wrong with you?" Ember asked.

Madison sighed, "It's nothing, I don't want to talk about it."

"Alright." Ember shrugged. She wasn't going to force Madison to talk to them about anything. The way that Madison talked about Namiko behind her back, Ember knew that she was getting talked about too.

Ember thanked Namiko for the ride before she made her way inside of her home. The lights were off so she knew that everyone was probably asleep. Traveling upstairs, Ember stopped at Justin's door. It was open, his lights were off and nothing shined but his small night light. She walked further inside of his room, to kiss him on the forehead. She could hear his light snores.

"I love you Justin." Ember tells him.

Ember traveled further down the hall to her room. She knew that her parents were in their room asleep because the tv was on, the lights were off and she could hear her father loudly snoring. Every once in a while, her mother would wake up and hit him with a pillow telling him to be quiet. Ember found it funny but cute.

After showering, Ember laid across her bed, checking her social media's. She hardly got on them but somehow kept her following up. Just as she exited off the app, her phone started ringing. Ember stared at the unknown number for a minute before she answered it.

"Hello, who is this?" Ember asked.

"Adonis. I don't mean to be calling you this late, ma but Malik said that you wanted to join the search party." Adonis said as he moved Jr away from the edge of the bed. After eating snacks and watching TV, Jr knocked out.

"Yeah, sure. If that's okay with you and your parents. I can bring Namiko too if she's not busy." Ember offered.

"That's coo."

"Madison too."

"Madison?" Adonis raised his brow. Malik filled him in on her tonight. She wouldn't leave Malik alone about him not showing up.