Chapter 3 [~|~] Escape Plan

Azara wandered through the corridors of the ship, searching for any sign of the Avatar, when a guard suddenly went flying past her. Raising an eyebrow, Azara raised her hands in a defensive manner as she turned the corner. Her eyes widened at the sight of the Avatar, now free from his binds. As Aang moved to send her flying back as well, Azara raised her hands in a surrender motion. "Woah, woah, let's just talk this out," Azara stated, standing up to show she meant no threat.

"Why should I trust you?" Aang asked, an eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"I can get you off this boat," Azara offered, piquing Aang's interest. "Honestly, it would be my absolute pleasure to do it. Anything to throw a wrench into the Fire Nation's world domination plot."

"But . . . you're Fire Nation," Aang trailed off, relaxing his stance slightly.

"I never asked to be. Kind of just happened," Azara shrugged as the guards started to come to. "Follow me, quickly." Azara started running down the corridor, Aang close on her tail. Ducking into her room, Azara threw the bag over her shoulder, before pushing her bed over, revealing a hidden hatch. "This will take us out of here."

"You have a secret hatch in your room? That's awesome!" Aang chuckled as Azara unlocked and pulled the hatch open.

"Well, being Zuko's sister has some perks I suppose," she smiled, causing Aang's eyes to widen.

"You're a Fire Nation princess?" Aang asked, causing Azara to wrinkle her nose in disgust.

"Azara is just fine. Titles are worthless anyway," she replied before sliding down and into the secret passage below.

"Well, my name's Aang," the airbender supplied, making Azara smile.

"Nice to meet you, Aang. Now, if you'll follow me, we'll get off this ship." Aang followed after her and used his airbending to cover the hatch. Azara led the way through the passage, staring out at the open deck of the ship. "You don't happen to have a ride, do you? There's only dingy boats below deck."

"I have a ride," Aang confirmed, before the two ran out onto the front of the ship. Azara looked up at the icy surroundings as the alarm sounded.

"Your ride is coming soon, right?" she asked as she got into a defensive position.

"The Avatar has escaped and is holding the princess hostage!" someone shouted, prompting Azara to roll her eyes. Zuko ran out onto the deck, sending fire blasts at Azara and Aang. As Aang was backed up against the railing of the ship, Azara jumped forwards, blocking her brothers shots, and returning a few of her own. A sudden roar echoed around the ship, prompting Azara to look up at the approaching flying bison.

"What is that?" Zuko asked as he stared up in surprise as the fluffy bison.

"Appa!" Aang shouted happily, but Zuko took advantage of the distraction and rushed forwards again. Zuko pushed him further back as Azara hurried to cut off her brother. Sending several fire blasts at him, Azara spun to avoid some of Zuko's. Zuko yelled out, sending a particularly large fire blast at Azara, forcing her back.

Turning back to Aang, Zuko sent several fire blasts at Aang, causing him to lose his staff and fall overboard, looking unconscious. "No! Aang!" Azara yelled, running to the side of the ship where he had fallen, looking for any sign of the airbender. Turning, Azara blocked another blast from her brother, who was huffing in anger at her.

"You're a traitor," Zuko growled as Azara got into a defensive stance.

"I'm doing what's right!" Azara retorted, her eyes narrowing.