Chapter 99 [~|~] The Firebending Masters

After a rather calm start to the morning, Azara suggested to Sokka that they should go check on Zuko and Aang's firebending training. She still hadn't made any progress in reestablishing her abilities, but that didn't mean she couldn't offer Aang any advice. Or at least, perhaps someone to hide behind when Zuko inevitably lost his temper.

They made their way down to the side courtyard that Zuko and Aang had picked purely because it was the one farthest away from the rest of the temple. Spotting no firebending, and Aang sitting on a broken pillar looking bored out of his mind, Azara raised an eyebrow.

"There's not a lot of firebending for firebending practice," she murmured to her boyfriend, who shrugged before biting into his apple.

"Just breathe, and . . ." Zuko exhaled, thrusting his arm out, but only a little cloud of smoke was produced.

Aang sat up from his place on the pillar, looking somewhat interested. "That one kind of felt hot."

"Don't patronize me! You know what it's supposed to look like!" Zuko snapped at Aang, who winced at his tone.

"Sorry, Sifu Hotman."

"And stop calling me that!" Zuko yelled, angrily throwing his arms down.

"Hey, jerks! Mind if we watch you two jerks do your jerkbending?" Sokka taunted, drawing Aang and Zuko's attention.

"Get out of here!" Zuko shouted, pointing away.

"Don't yell at him, Zuko!" Azara yelled back, her eyes narrowing at her brother.

"Okay, take it easy. I was just kidding around," Sokka assured Zuko with a smirk on his face. "Jerkbending," he laughed, adjusting his shirt. "Still got it."

"Does that mean I'm a jerkbender too?" Azara teased, sending him a look as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"No, no," Sokka quickly exclaimed, rushing over to Azara's side, who laughed at his panic.

"I was just joking, Sokka." The Water Tribe boy relaxed when he saw that his girlfriend wasn't actually mad at him. "Why don't you go help Katara and Toph? I'll handle these two," Azara suggested, gesturing to Aang and Zuko with a tilt of her head.

"Ok. Bye jerkbenders!" Sokka called after he pressed a quick kiss to Azara's cheek and promptly walked off. Once he was gone, Azara walked over to Aang as Zuko slumped his shoulders, looking rather defeated.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you firebending?"

"I don't know," Zuko sighed, straightening up. "Why can't I firebend?"

"So, what you're telling me is that a few days ago the problem was that Aang didn't have a firebending teacher. And now today the problem is that we have two firebenders but neither of them can bend for some reason?" Azara sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, that pretty much sums it up."

"Well, that's just our luck."

The sun had started to set when Zuko finally decided to call it a day. Sitting in between Sokka and Toph, Azara helped Katara to pass out bowls of dinner when Zuko walked over, a grumpy expression on his face.

"Listen, everybody, I've got some bad news. I've lost my stuff."

"Don't look at me, I didn't touch your stuff," Toph replied, folding her arms over her chest.