#11 Hospital Visit

I take three vials from the chemist in the pharmacy in the city hospital while Claire stands on alert nearby, checking if anyone who might recognize us is there.

We came to the city hospital because we didn't want to take the risk by stealing again from our pack infirmary. I lied about my identity to the doctor and got me some inhibitors. Unfortunately, there's a quota. I'll have to come here again and get a prescription once the current supply runs out.

"Got them. Let's go," I say to Claire.

While we leave the hospital, Claire says, "I don't know which is riskier? Stealing from our clinic or visiting this hospital frequently?"

"I get it. This is just a temporary fix," I say.

"The permanent one would be to tell Luke," she says.

"Luke can't know!"

"Then let me tell Ben at least, so he could give us extra inhibitors."

"Telling Ben is the same as telling Luke. You think your mate won't tell his bff right away that I had my first heat?"

Claire opens her mouth, then closes it back. She knows I'm right.

"Rose!" I hear a familiar voice and turn around.

"Andy, hey," I say while doing my best to hide the panic.

"What are you doing here?" he asks. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. What are you doing here?" I better answer questions with questions.

"Came to see a friend of my dad's."

"Oh. Okay."

"Yeah. Erm, is your phone still at the service center?"

"Yeah. It is. Probably will pick it up in a couple of days."

"Good. So, I kinda- " he trails off before looking at Claire.

"I'll wait in the car," she tells me and leaves.

"I was hoping we could go out this weekend," Andy says.

When Mike and I had the "talk" about Andy, I told Mike pretty much what Luke told me to say. Mike advised me to make a clean break with Andy in person instead of avoiding him. I promised Mike I would do that. But I never got around to it.

I open my mouth, hoping my mouth will say something and get me out of this before my brain could figure out what I need to say.

"Rose!" Another familiar voice calls me.

I look behind Andy and see Ben, and Luke!

I look away from Luke instantly.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ben says.

"I came to see a family friend. Saw Rose here," Andy says.

"What are you doing here?" Ben asks me.

Andy slightly raises his eyebrow. He's probably curious as to why Ben is talking to me so familiarly.

I, on the other hand, am busy thinking about what to say. "Came to see a friend."

"Which friend?" Ben asks.

Ben is not the easiest to distract from his life's mission of poking his nose into other people's business. "You wouldn't know her," I tell him before quickly adding, "I came here with Claire. She has gone to the car first. I stayed back to talk to Andy."

I'm hoping the spell, "Claire," works its magic on Ben and he'll leave.

"Okay," Ben says. "See you guys later." He leaves for the exit, with Luke following him behind. The spell, sure as hell works. I bet my life, Ben is headed to the parking to find Claire's car.