[ Chapter 27 - Three Shots ]

Start from the beginning

From Chase: Be formal during our meeting later. 

Is he joking with me? We have had a lot of meetings at home and I would always be in my home clothes, why did I have to be formal later on? It was just going to be the two of us anyway. I rolled my eyes and ignored his message.

I was lying comfortably on the sofa of the living room when I heard the gates open. That should be Chase, he was late. I ignored the sound and went back to scrolling through my phone. 

The moment the door to the house opened, Chase entered. 

"Where were y-" 

I stopped halfway when another person entered.

Ace entered.

He was wearing his lab coat with a light blue dress shirt inside. His hair was combed back and he looked like he had just come from work. I, on the other hand, am wearing dolphins shorts and a tank top. I had not even taken a bath yet.

"Didn't I tell you to dress formally?" Chase smirked at me who was still lying on the sofa. I immediately stood up and ran towards the second floor where my room was. 

What the heck.

I didn't have time to shower so I just changed my clothes to something a little more presentable, squeezed perfume, and headed back down. My hair was still tied up in a bun but it looked neat anyway so I had let it be. 

"I'm sorry about that,"  I gave both of them an apologetic look before sitting down opposite Ace on the dining table.

"Why is he even here?" I finally managed to ask the first question I had when he got inside our house. "Just because you're my fiancee, it doesn't give you the right to come into our house whenever you please." 

"Cana, he is here for the case," Chase sighed and my face exploded in pink again. 

I have got to remain quieter. 

Ace stifled a smile that got on my nerves. 

Ever since meeting him last night I was always on the edge. It was impossible to still have a feeling for him, it has been six years, and yet I still feel so restless around him.  

"This case would be easier if the two of you combines the evidence you have gained. I really wanted to combine this case a long time ago but Ace asked me not to until the pieces of evidence are sufficient enough," Chase flipped through his file. 

I blinked twice at Chase. How could he have no told me that Ace was working on the same case as me, yet he told Ace knew. I was the sister, how come he gets the special treatments?

It was so unfair, Ace knew a lot of things about me. He knew I was getting engaged, he knew who I was engaged to and now I am finding out that he also knew I was working on this case. I barely know anything that was happening to him.