empty fights

once again, ty lee had been reduced to tears, she wiped the tears off her cheeks and got up from her bed. the girl changed into her usual clothes, and put her hair into her signature braid. she opened the door quietly and tip-toed downstairs, to her surprise, mai was standing by the stairs with a big frown on her face.

  "i heard everything," mai sighed. ty lee chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of her neck.

  "yyeah... sorry," ty lee coughed up the words with strain, her voice slightly hoarse. mai raised her eyebrow and leaned in on ty lee.

  "what happened in the eastside?" mai asked.

  ty lee's cheeks turned into a shade of pretty pink. she looked away and sighed. "well... azula kinda kissed me. and now she thinks i tricked her into opening up."

  mai tsk-tsked, she knew azula was being insecure and vigilant once again.

  "it's okay, it's just azula being scared. try to calm her down before she cremates us all... okay?" mai put her hand on the other girl's shoulder and flashed a reassuring smile. ty lee nodded and smiled.

  azula was in the main room, while ty lee and mai were on the other side of the house. she sighed and threw the rest of her breakfast in the trash. the firebender stood up and stretched, her hands were heating up slowly, the palms of her hands turning a light blue.

  she shook her head and fanned put her hands out, she didn't want to burn everything, not now.

 she blinked heavily and went out the back door, walking into the courtyard. she did a few kicks, the soles of her feet erupting with blue fire. empty fights. that's what azula liked to call it when she fought with no one. empty fights helped her calm down.

  she has been doing this since she was seven. azula didn't notice the brown-haired girl sitting by the steps, admiring the magnificent kicks azula drew out.

  ty lee smiled as her eyes followed azula's body.

  "empty fights? i thought you would have grown out of that by now," she said calmly.

  azula perked up and glared again her, her fists still clenched. she gritted her teeth and forced herself to calm down.

  "shut it, circus freak," she hissed under her breath.

  ty lee raised an eyebrow and smiled smugly. "actually, it's kyoshi freak."

  "fine. kyoshi freak."

  "and, suki is also a kyoshi freak because she is the leader, or does it work differently? i can't really tell if you treat me different from others since you're always so mean."

  azula furrowed her eyebrows and gave the girl a huge side-eye. she didn't like where this was going. she took up a fighting stance and threw out a backhand, the flames engulfed her hands like a glove.

  "just... just fuck off, for once!" azula yelled.

  ty lee stood there, her face fell and she scoffed, walking back to the summerhouse with a grim expression.

  azula knew she had crossed the line, what was she thinking? she ran towards ty lee and wrapped her arms around the other's waist. azula's cheeks had a tint of red on them, she buried her face in the crook of ty lee's neck.

  "i'm sorry... i'm not in the best of moods, i just wanted some time to calm down."

  ty lee went red, she smiled and nodded. pulling away from the hug, she bowed and looked at the ground.

  "it's okay, i am sorry for interrupting your 'meditation' princess." the grin on ty lee's face was wide, she knew azula hated it when ty lee was formal.

  azula rolled her eyes and pushed the girl gently. "shut up, freak."

  azula turned back and resumed what she was doing as ty lee left the courtyard.