scorched net

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" ty lee screamed, staring wildly at katara. she looked like she was on the verge of tears. snatching the already crumpled letter from the waterbender's hands, she skimmed through it, her jaw dropping an inch after every line. she sank to her knees, frowning.

  dearest lee,

  we have decided to pay a visit to ember island due to missing lord azulon's birthday banquet. we also have some rather personal questions to ask.
  we're all coming! every single one of us, including auntie kirame and auntie mira! and dad too.
from lao.

  bet you still look idiotic.
  from woo.

  hope you're doing alright :)
  from lat.

  i'm a better acrobat than you... joking!
  from liu.

  love you
  from lum.

  i miss you a lot, lee :(
  from lin.

  tears shimmering in her eyes, she prised her gaze from the letter and stared at katara. her mind felt like it was whirring, her sight blurred.

  "this can't be happening... i miss them but i don't want them to come!" ty lee cried. "they'll freak azula out with questions about marriage and children! or something stupid along those lines... and liu and woo will probably try to steal azula from me."

  "you really need to give your sisters more credit than you normally do... they can't be THAT annoying. they all sound great from the look of that letter... maybe not ty woo," katara added the last bit as an after thought, frowning.

  the front two doors slammed shut, making both jump. they heard aang and mai talking, as well sokka and azula. it sounded like they were getting closer.

  the acrobat desperately dried her tears and got up, dusting herself off vigorously. the four entered the main room, stomachs growling. katara cursed and returned to the kitchen to tend to the food she had been cooking prior to ty lee's breakdown.

  smiling lovingly at azula, ty lee came forward and gave the girl a hug.

  azula raised an eyebrow and decided to just hug her back.  normally ty lee would either leave her alone or just go all out and jump azula for a hug. today she just calmly gives a hug? something's not right. the princess pushed the thought aside for later.

  after a few moments into eating katara's delicious food, the princess and mai realised ty lee had not eaten a thing. her chopsticks and food lay untouched. katara eyed her and just frowned, shaking her head.

  azula tapped mai's shoulder and raised an eyebrow, a signal they had had since they were small. should i?

  mai sighed and shook her head, cocking her head and smiling exasperatedly. go.

  the princess nodded and held ty lee's hand, pulling her up from the table and walking out the main dinning room with her.

  "'zula? where're we going?" ty lee asked, voice filled with confusion. but no answer came. they left the mansion of a summer house and trekked towards the eastside.

  stomach rumbling, ty lee sighed and just followed the princess, secretly knowing where they were going. and sure enough, they arrived to an enclosure surrounded by trees. a large circus tent, painted red and yellow, stood in the middle, gleaming proudly under the sunlight.

  azula dragged her girlfriend towards the entrance. a bodyguard stepped to intercept them but backed away as soon as the princess lit her hand with her blue fire, indicating that she was the princess azula.